Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sudden onset. No audio, no tones.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get in my car to drop of a kid off tonight and I have no audio. Frustrated, I get on the road and discover no tones working either. No music, no seatbelt alarm, no blinker tone.
At a loss, I reboot both UI and display.
Nothing.
Anyone have any ideas what to do next?

Do you have a smartphone linked to the car?

I've occasionally gotten some weird results including a sudden loss of sound when the phone connects to the car - I think some of them are Siri triggering in my pocket somehow and then taking over sound through BT to wait for my request.

• Informative
Reactions: Cooksomerice
Do you have a smartphone linked to the car?

I've occasionally gotten some weird results including a sudden loss of sound when the phone connects to the car - I think some of them are Siri triggering in my pocket somehow and then taking over sound through BT to wait for my request.
Interesting. Possible that happened. I've had cabin climate problems that mirror what you described. Resolved after manipulating the app.

Had loss of audio after first use of a BT connected iPhone, was using waze and music. Worked fine, but on leaving destination hours later, no audio. Affected BT audio only though. Honestly can't recall if normal tones worked or not now. Same loss next day. Toggled BT on phone, not fixed.

Selected radio as input, got audio. Re selected BT, and problem solved.