Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suddenly there is rear heated seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup- and then a shop actually checked (I think they were redoing someones interior or something) and it was there...

Which made it even weirder to have the actual Tesla employee giving me a test drive in Raleigh a couple weeks later insisting the hardware wasn't there and suggesting not to order yet if that was important to me... was my first confirmation Tesla salespeople are at least as badly informed about their own products as legacy car dealers tend to be.

legacy car dealers have a vested interest in pushing upgrades though. Tesla doesn't compensate SAs that way right?

legacy car dealers have a vested interest in pushing upgrades though. Tesla doesn't compensate SAs that way right?

At the time there were no upgrades. Every model 3 you could order had the same interior- he was just claiming they weren't yet putting the rear seat heaters in that interior and if I just waited a little bit they would be.

(which of course wasn't true, they just hadn't finished the software for the car yet so you couldn't turn on the heaters that were right there.... which as someone who has written software strikes me as bizare it took em 8 months to add THAT, but Tesla is often weirdly incompetent at simple stuff)