Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestion for Tesla: allow sharing of residential charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you own a vacation rental, you can get Tesla to give you a free HPWC and will get listed on their destination charging map and in the Navigation of every Tesla vehicle. Just contact the destination charging team to start the process.
This must not be true because my niece wanted to do this with a vacation rental in Alpine Texas and when she contacted Tesla they said they do not do destination charging on vacation rentals.

This must not be true because my niece wanted to do this with a vacation rental in Alpine Texas and when she contacted Tesla they said they do not do destination charging on vacation rentals.

There are some restrictions. It has to be listed on VRBO/HomeAway or AirbNb with recent positive reviews. Something like that. I don't recall the details. Did they even ask her the question when she inquired about it?

This is an excellent idea and the naysayers may keep their opinions behind their garage doors, as they don't need to participate in it.

When we visited Hot Springs, AR we didn't find any Tesla chargers within 150 miles. Just had enough juice to come back but not to drive in the city. Someone's personal charger got us the extra that was needed. We were very interested in paying him but he was not equipped to accept those since he kept his charger open to public at all hours.

Reactions: ODWms and David99