Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestions to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried doing a search and didn't see an obvious thread (if there was one I apologize)

I am not sure if anyone involved with Tesla monitors these forums (I'm hoping that it would be the case) but I thought it would be great to start a thread where owners of the car would list suggestions they would love Tesla to incorporate via software updates or hardware changes

I will start and give my 2 cents:

1. Navigation
A. Battery remaining should be shown for both one way and round-trip automatically after route calculation (unlike currently where need to press the not so obvious mileage/time line at bottom to display round trip
B. Need to be able to create way points (after inputting your final destination would be great to also input additional stops you want along the way and let computer create the most logical /efficient route
C. Should give an option in route calculation whether or not you want fastest option or option that uses least amount of battery (some times I have no concern that would run out of battery to get to destination and just want to get there quickest way)
D. When a direction change is about to happen the main navigation on 17 inch display should zoom up to show more detail so know exactly when to turn (I know it does this on the driver display but why can't it be on both so you can just focus on the large display which is easier to see

2. Music
A. At least a 5 band equalizer if not more vs the simple 3 band we have
B. IPOD integration
C. Ability to create a favorite playlist from random songs we do hear on Internet radio

3. Voice command
A. Should expand voice command functions to include browser search/Internet

4. Android app
A. Should include odometer reading (which apparently is present in Apple app)

5. Front console
A. Need to modify connector so that it can accompany phones with cases

6. Supercharger network on navigation
A. Not sure if feasible but would be nice to know status of chargers (how many in use or if offline)

7. Interior lighting
A. Allow us to customize color spectrum of led lights so we can change the mood of the cabin /make it more personal

8. Camera/sensors in car
A. Need to be able to have front and rear camera feed recorded (can be on a 3 hr loop) that would then be saved in the event of an accident or break in which triggered alarm. This would eliminate the need for a dash cam. Would also likely cause a reduction in insurance premium

I would love to hear from long term owners who have even more suggestions since I have really only had the car for one week.

Good ideas. Many people believe Tesla unofficially scans TMC. There are (unfortunately) suggestions spread over numerous threads here, but recently close to 300 TMC users went through a several-week process of inputting suggestions and voting, with the output going to Tesla hopefully for their consideration from a more "united front". Check THIS thread, THIS SITE for a summary of what was generated, and THIS for the google spreadsheets used to create the summary.

Enjoy that new MS! You'll certainly have a Happy New Year!

Good ideas. Many people believe Tesla unofficially scans TMC. There are (unfortunately) suggestions spread over numerous threads here, but recently close to 300 TMC users went through a several-week process of inputting suggestions and voting, with the output going to Tesla hopefully for their consideration from a more "united front". Check THIS thread, THIS SITE for a summary of what was generated, and THIS for the google spreadsheets used to create the summary.

Enjoy that new MS! You'll certainly have a Happy New Year!

Thanks for the links. Will definitely check them out. And despite all these suggestions I am totally in love with the car and company. . Think the car looks amazing, incredible handling and performance, and just the wow tech factor make it something I am thrilled and proud to own.

Additional Door Unlock Mode: "Gentleman Mode"

New mode description: When the driver (someone with the key fob) approaches the car from the passenger side, all four doors automatically unlock. When the driver approaches the car from the passenger side, only the driver's door automatically unlocks.

When my wife is with me, I always open the passenger door of the car for her. So, I would like all four doors to unlock. However, when I am by myself, I want the added safety that comes from having only the driver's door unlock. I never want to have to touch the key fob to unlock a door.

Save entry/exit position of steering wheel and driver's seat in driver profile.

Description: Expand the driver profiles to store the enter/exit position of the driver's seat and steering wheel. Many luxury cars support something like this. In the Tesla, allow the driver to set the seat and steering wheel to the desired position when the driver is entering and exiting the car. These positions could then be saved in the driver's profile. When the car is placed in park after driving, the seat/steering would automatically move to the saved enter/exit position. When the driver enters the car and presses the brake pedal, the seat/steering would automatically return to the saved normal driving position.

Many thanks to xrayvsn for starting this thread!

It's not software related, but I'd like to see grab handles in the car. Watching my 91 year old mother and 89 year old father struggle to get out of the car without anything to grab hold of makes me wonder "what were they thinking when they left off grab handles?" That was carrying the minimalist interior theme way too far IMO.