Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by Hong Kong, and saw a local Model 3 parked in front of a shopping mall with Tesla sales reps there promoting the car, so I messed around with it. Definitely some kind of convex/aspheric(can't immediately tell) mirror on both sides. Without the "objects are closer than they appear" text on either side.

I immediately ordered a set of "export" mirror glasses 1130653 and 1130654 direct from Tesla. Will post comparison photos when I have them side by side back in USA.

This might be an alternative if some of us are holding off Suma's offerings because of auto dimming or feel the blue tint is too strong? Although getting them in USA will be a hassle for most people. Not sure about the furthest angle viewable compared to Suma's too...

This looks like the right solution... just order the OEM Telsa part for the clear mirrors.

I stopped by Hong Kong, and saw a local Model 3 parked in front of a shopping mall with Tesla sales reps there promoting the car, so I messed around with it.

Definitely some kind of convex/aspheric(can't immediately tell) mirror on both sides. Without the "objects are closer than they appear" text on either side.

I immediately ordered a set of "export" mirror glasses 1130653 and 1130654 direct from Tesla. Will post comparison photos when I have them side by side back in USA.

This might be an alternative if some of us are holding off Suma's offerings because of autodimming or feel the blue tint is too strong? Although getting them in USA will be a hassle for most people. Not sure about the furthest angle viewable compared to Suma's too...

not to highjack this thread but any update on this? were you able to get the mirrors and install them without any problems?

Question about your return policy, which is quite rigid to be honest. If these fail to relieve blind spots are we still beholden to the return policy? That is, we would be unable to return any partially installed product? Feel free to PM me if you would rather discuss there.

Question about your return policy, which is quite rigid to be honest. If these fail to relieve blind spots are we still beholden to the return policy? That is, we would be unable to return any partially installed product? Feel free to PM me if you would rather discuss there.
Thanks for the question. Once the mirrors are installed/used, we can't sell them. That's the reason for the no return policy once it's used. People who have purchased SUMA mirrors are satisfied with the improved field of vision that reduces blind spot. You can search fro the comments on this forum. If you have more question, please PM me, thank you.

I just installed these mirrors and am very impressed. They were super easy to install (I used a plastic spatula since I don’t have prying tools). The fit is perfect and the blue is way less noticeable than the pictures indicate. The field of view is strikingly expanded. I am sure it will take some getting used to as the images appear very far away.

Before and after photos:
C507A9A8-65A3-4A3C-A347-09ECDBB0C930.jpeg
66D714EE-CD30-4DD6-9A41-17D6EBFB935D.jpeg

Not to discourage anybody from buying these mirrors (I’m sure they do help), but 90% of people position their side mirrors incorrectly. Do a search on YouTube on how to correctly adjust your side mirrors to eliminate all blind spots. This is true for ALL cars! If you adjust your side mirrors correctly there’s no blind spots.

Not to discourage anybody from buying these mirrors (I’m sure they do help), but 90% of people position their side mirrors incorrectly. Do a search on YouTube on how to correctly adjust your side mirrors to eliminate all blind spots. This is true for ALL cars! If you adjust your side mirrors correctly there’s no blind spots.

I did this before making this purchase. It did not help. One’s hight, seat position and mirror range will have an impact on the efficacy of this method. I simply couldn’t get the mirrors to turn out far enough to relieve my blind spot.

• Informative
Reactions: SumaPerformance
I ended up getting the OEM Tesla Euro versions (more expensive than the Suma mind you) to swap from my factory US car mirrors as I wanted to keep the OEM dimming function. However with how much wider the Suma is I'd swap out again if Suma ever offers a version WITH the dimming and ideally without the blue tint.

Either way both are so much nicer than the OEM US versions. Highly recommend. Even with "proper" mirror adjustment as some have mentioned the additional width is helpful. I prefer as wide as possible (Suma); the lack of dimming was just a dealbreaker for me.

Last edited: