Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon change w/8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

andrewket

Dec 20, 2012
I just noticed the behavior of summon on my S with 8.0 is different from when I used it last a few months ago.

I couldn't get summon to activate using my fob, so I switched to the app. It wasn't showing as available there, either. Thinking perhaps I forgot to turn it back on after the 8.0 install, I checked the settings. To my surprise, it was on. I tried turning it off and back on for good measure (we've seen some bugs like this in the past.) That didn't work, either.

So I checked the manual. Guess what? At some point Tesla changed the behavior. You can only summon out if you previously used summon in (to park), and the car remains in "P" the entire time.

Is this a change in 8.0 or was it earlier and I missed it? It makes summon useless to me, because I can't summon into my garage due to a lip that the car is unwilling to apply sufficient torque to get over. Since I can't summon in, I can no longer summon out.

A

• Informative
Reactions: pchilds
I think the part in the manual you are referring to is just saying that it will return to the original position IF you used summon to pull it in, instead of going the distance in the settings.

"You can summon Model S back to its original position if you previously auto parked it and the vehicle has remained in the Park gear."

Were you valet mode? Something like that happened to me yesterday until I realized I had forgot to turn off valet mode. Once I did that, summon was back on the app

I wasn't in valet mode.

I parked mine manually last night and I just summoned it out of the closed garage with no problem. I'm on 8.0 (2.36.108).

Hmm, interesting.

I think the part in the manual you are referring to is just saying that it will return to the original position IF you used summon to pull it in, instead of going the distance in the settings.

"You can summon Model S back to its original position if you previously auto parked it and the vehicle has remained in the Park gear."

Yes, that's the sentence. When it wasn't working, I interpreted it differently...

I'll try it again. Can anyone else certify they can still summon out w/summoning in under 8.0 using the fob?