Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon Feature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you bought a vehicle back when Enhanced Autopilot (EAP) was available you have access to the summon feature, and basically every other existing autopilot feature currently already deployed to the public. Otherwise you need to have the FSD option to get smart summon and Navigate on Autopilot, both of which exist in Australia (at long last.)

• Helpful
Reactions: paulp
You aren’t missing much. Its useful for getting your car out when another decides parking within centimeters of your car is appropriate. Its good for moving you car back and forward whilst cleaning the wheels, and its good for having your car follow you back to a trolley return bay. Also good on an overly rainy or hot day to reduce the dash to the car.
Yeak ok, maybe my first sentence was wrong, you are missing plenty.

• Funny
Reactions: conman
If you bought a vehicle back when Enhanced Autopilot (EAP) was available you have access to the summon feature, and basically every other existing autopilot feature currently already deployed to the public. Otherwise you need to have the FSD option to get smart summon and Navigate on Autopilot, both of which exist in Australia (at long last.)

Yep, I have EAP and have both NoA and Smart Summon functioning/working on a AP2.5 Model X.....

I know this is an old thread but better if I try and reuse what's here.

Considering EAP. We have a garage that opens to a curved driveway. Which means if I use summon, the Tesla would need to immediately turn left halfway coming out of the garage.

Is this something that summon can do? The videos I see on youtube all have straight driveways and all that summon does is move straight forward.

the Tesla would need to immediately turn left halfway coming out of the garage.

Is this something that summon can do?
Summon can't - it only goes forwards or backwards, with some obstacle avoidance.

Smart summon should be able to, but I don't know how well it can be trusted.
At least not until the software goes "single stack" and they use the FSD beta code for smart summon etc.

Reactions: johnchidgey
Summon can't - it only goes forwards or backwards, with some obstacle avoidance.

Smart summon should be able to, but I don't know how well it can be trusted.
At least not until the software goes "single stack" and they use the FSD beta code for smart summon etc.
Though I assume that smart summon can only be used for the car to come to you - which means I can't use it to park the car back in to the garage?

My 2nd use case is we all get out of the car in the said curved driveway, and I now want it to park into the garage. It means turning into it (not just straight forward).