Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon garage accident

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to say that for the 2x4, didn't look like the wood was in the best of condition. But also I don't see how it could not be constrained at the floor - it clearly (based on the position of the shelves after removal) had a lot of compressive forces on it. Would be hard to push it to the side due to friction with the floor - and if it bent only at the top (say no friction from the bottom), then the effective lengthening of the wood (due to the flat bottom) would definitely create enormous friction, since there would be no room for lengthening.

Short story, no mysteries there. Not clear that it would have to be moving all that fast to break the wood if it were brittle. It would just have to deform the wood.

If Continuous press is OFF, then it is possible to initiate Summon from inside the car with two Park presses, and it will take off after you close the door (you have to be very confident to use this mode I think!).

Wood is in good shape. You re right about the compressive forces, it was a bi*** getting a new support in place before putting the car away last night.

I hit the dashcam button after she got me outside, but it was too late. She had backed it up a little using summon before getting me, and as I posted, our LTE is spotty and requires many starts and stops and restarts to use it. I wish they would make a basic summon that only requires bluetooth.
How long was it before she had you come outside and how big is your USB drive? If you were home and she came in to get you, the video should've still been available on the drive. Maybe it still is.

Read the warnings for the ultrasonics. It specifically says narrow objects and soft objects are not visible to the sensors. Looks like you have a narrow 2x4 behind a soft blanket! Yikes!

The blanket was wrapped around parts of my oak desk that needs to find an office. I agree on the ultrasonics, but the wife says she let go (and screamed) as soon as it started moving because it was faster than she was used to. Still thinking the timing of the lost LTE connectivity and the recent update may be something to look at for Tesla engineers.

How long was it before she had you come outside and how big is your USB drive? If you were home and she came in to get you, the video should've still been available on the drive. Maybe it still is.

No such luck, we didn't pull the drive until this morning. Had other things to worry about before the rain came last night.

And then drinking. Lots of drinking. Two cars in two days.

Dang, that driver can't even cut people off correctly!
It always amazes me when people miss a turn and then stop in the middle of road so that they don't have to drive around the block.

I have been on edge since. When we got home last night I couldn't hang around any longer, I saw too many of the same situations while we were out.

And then this. Not really a big deal, but I was in a happy place Sunday morning with two "pristine" Teslas and a combined 75k miles. People would even make that exact comment.

I have been on edge since. When we got home last night I couldn't hang around any longer, I saw too many of the same situations while we were out.

And then this. Not really a big deal, but I was in a happy place Sunday morning with two "pristine" Teslas and a combined 75k miles. People would even make that exact comment.
I didn't watch it to the end. They also can't even pull safely off the road! I feel like that person should not be driving...

Gotta love/hate facebook. Won't let me view your video unless I let them track me. Sorry to see your damaged MX however.

Hey, from zero social media presence to 14 views in one hour. People love car crashes!

Seriously, it was therapeutic to make the video. Didn't realize I had PTSD until I took it Monday for appraisal and a semi blatantly pulled out in front of me in the right lane and then took my lane by force. Nearly got the other side too.

I didn't watch it to the end. They also can't even pull safely off the road! I feel like that person should not be driving...

Small backstory: she had an accident last week and was begging me not to file a police report. Zoo erupted. Her mother normally drives her. Ended up leaving the scene after her father kissed me on the cheek and the supervising officer held up traffic and said "get the hell out of here before any more bad things happen"

Sorry to hear that. Well I don't have that problem ... summons simply does not work. I'be tested this over and over again. It is not due to connectivity, whether LTE or WiFi; I have solid connection. I have also tried different phones, all with the same bad results. Rather is seems to have to do with the slight incline of my driveway of about 6 to 8 degrees. When I try to use summon to back out. It will stop several times. As soon as the back tires get on the driveway, it stops. Then again when the front tires get on the driveway.
Trying to pull forward into the garage does not work at all no matter what I do. Once i pull the car into the garage, I can use summon to pull it further forward.
So as is, it is a super expensive option that should never even been classified as Beta nor even Alpha. It is totally useless.

Reactions: tvad