Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon in new vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The language under "Autopilot Included" on the order page makes it sound like manually requesting a lane change wont work without FSD.

Thinking about the auto lane change without FSD, I would bet that "manually" requested lane changes while on Autopilot still work. Otherwise, the car would just sit in lane with blinker on while on AP. It's likely that non-FSD simply removes the automatically initiated lane changes while using Navigate on Autopilot.

• Disagree
Reactions: PhilDavid
Thinking about the auto lane change without FSD, I would bet that "manually" requested lane changes while on Autopilot still work. Otherwise, the car would just sit in lane with blinker on while on AP. It's likely that non-FSD simply removes the automatically initiated lane changes while using Navigate on Autopilot.

How much do you want to bet? I'll even give you 2:1 odds! As strange as it may seem you are definitely wrong. The car with basic AP will indeed sit in its lane when the blinker is on.

I feel that Tesla realigned the feature sets this way purposely as a way to get people to pony up the $7k for FSD.

I picked up my 2019 SR Model S yesterday and I can confirm without FSD, Summons AND Lane Changing with AP do not work. Do I think it's worth 7k for those features along with a couple of others I won't ever use? No. However, it does sting to have those features taken away while upgrading a car. With Tesla doing so well now, I don't see the price of FSD ever going down again and eventually will go up even higher. I am considering getting FSD even though I know I am getting ripped off.