Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon is now available in Canada for the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just tried it! (And didn't need to buy the fob for it!)
Went out of my garage pretty much without any problem. I have a pretty big "lip" at the door of the garage where the interlock from the driveway has dropped a bit (a good inch - inch and a half) between the concrete lip of the garage. The first time, the front wheels went up against the lip and just stopped. I then started from a little further back to give a bit more of a "running start". This time it cleared the front wheels but then when the rear wheels hit up against the lip the same thing happened - just wouldn't take that extra push to clear the lip. Not sure how many times I will use it but I have to admit, it was super cool! (Of course, I may now need to re-do my entire driveway.)

I tried use summon to enter the car into the garage and it failed. We have a tight fit. Probably less than 6 inches of clearance on either side.
I positioned the car perfectly centered before stepping out. Somehow it steered itself to the right and was about to hit the right side.

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Some ICE car actually Parked close to my passenger side and my wife had to wait for me to get in and pull out of the space then I thought, wait a second summon the car haha. Worked pretty good and was fun.
Definitely even in the garage does take its sweet time but I park forward and I take a few things out of the frunk so before it was get out take things out get in and park then out again.. now get out take things out and summon to park fun stuff thanks Tesla

Here's some quick videos:

First successful attempt to back out of my tight garage. I was too chicken to let it open the garage door though... :)

It just dawned on me how totally appropriate my text message/notification sound on my phone is for these videos...totally unplanned, but awesome (at least to me) :rolleyes:
Your notification is indeed just perfect. It is an iPhone alert tone no? Might be elevated to a high status as part of the summon feature.
Congratulations on your unplanned brilliance!

Tried it today and summon kept saying failure to connect to the car. failed like 5 times in a row. Saturday was flawless.
Funny that I was able to open the garage door using the app with no problem. The failure rate of it at the moment kinda kills the benefit of it when you are trying to avoid loading the car in a tight garage.

I have an inclined driveway out of the garage. I tried with homelink activated and it pulled out clear of the garage and stopped on the incline. Tried to get it back in the garage using summon but it would not budge. I do realize that Summon does not work on inclines only on flat surfaces. Just wanted to see what it would do. Probably only use it in tight spaces in parking lots even though I always try to find a space as far away from other cars as possible.