Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon - not working from app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use it 6 or 7 times a week and it always works, although no necessarily first time. Sometimes it will fail on the first attempt but work on the second. Rarely is it worse than that.

If having pressed the back/forward button the steering wheel and dash don't respond immediately then it's not going to work. I immediately release the button and have to wait for 10/15 seconds while it sorts itself out and the greyed out back/forward enable again. On second press and hold, I find 9/10 times it works. In fact I used it today and a chap parking his car nearby had his jaw on the ground :D.

I've used it ever since getting the car (2.5 years) and it's arguably more reliable now than it used to be. I have found it works better if the phone has a cellular rather than a wi-fi connection.

• Informative
Reactions: IanMcL
Sale here, I only have forward/backward. Worked with the first releases, but then I started having issues with many features and summon was the last of my problems. Whenever I needed it, it would not function. Now just had a new MCU installed... and summon still nog working.
It feels like the early adopters get a glimpse of the Future and when we get used to it, Tesla decides to remove it disable it. I used to check my e-mails every morning using webmail, but after two years the browsers stopped working and now 4 years later and new MCU still not able to open any webpage.
I can make the car fart, they did'nt disable that useless feature yet.

• Funny
Reactions: shthpnz and Durzel