Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon out fails since new software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a problem on Summon since the new software update just days ago. It used to be the case that I have trouble Summon going in sometimes if the car is not aligned to the exact angle. But Summon backing out was never a problem. However, since the last software update several days ago, Summon backing out fails every time. The car will stop just after the rear passing the door opening. It refuse to go out even when the alignment is perfect with about 5 inches of clearance on each side. I had to hope in and manually back the car out every time. Anybody having similar issue? I have a single car garage btw.

I have a problem on Summon since the new software update just days ago. It used to be the case that I have trouble Summon going in sometimes if the car is not aligned to the exact angle. But Summon backing out was never a problem. However, since the last software update several days ago, Summon backing out fails every time. The car will stop just after the rear passing the door opening. It refuse to go out even when the alignment is perfect with about 5 inches of clearance on each side. I had to hope in and manually back the car out every time. Anybody having similar issue? I have a single car garage btw.
I concur, it's broke. It was working fine about one week ago.
I only reverse summon outta the garage, but have not lately done it. Now the iPhone app asks what direction and to press/hold that button, then summon STOPS indicated on phone screen, and there is no chance to recover or correct. No movement of car at all.
I've never touched inside touchscreen controls or levers for summon, before or now.

I concur, it's broke. It was working fine about one week ago.
I only reverse summon outta the garage, but have not lately done it. Now the iPhone app asks what direction and to press/hold that button, then summon STOPS indicated on phone screen, and there is no chance to recover or correct. No movement of car at all.
I've never touched inside touchscreen controls or levers for summon, before or now.
Correction, I needed to hold longer on the button, and it's works. After software update, the default "hold app button" is required, so changing that back to no hold will restore my original setup.

Yea, so I have to leave it on the hold push setting that I don't like
Team, 2.24.102 happened last nite and my summon out of garage is working as before. Had not tried it in previous release though.

My setting for "no need to hold app button" was remembered this time. A small bump and angle change happens at my garage/driveway transition, but Mortimer rolls thru it.

Team, 2.24.102 happened last nite and my summon out of garage is working as before. Had not tried it in previous release though.

My setting for "no need to hold app button" was remembered this time. A small bump and angle change happens at my garage/driveway transition, but Mortimer rolls thru it.
How come your software is 2.24.102? Mine is 2.24.86 and I do not have any pending software updates. Does Tesla release different versions in batches?

How come your software is 2.24.102? Mine is 2.24.86 and I do not have any pending software updates. Does Tesla release different versions in batches?
They do. The Firmware 7.1 thread has a lot of us trying to guess how the batched rollouts work. So far the only remotely plausible pattern is that leaving your car parked for 15-30 minutes near a service center appears to trigger certain updates. But even that's not for sure.

They do. The Firmware 7.1 thread has a lot of us trying to guess how the batched rollouts work. So far the only remotely plausible pattern is that leaving your car parked for 15-30 minutes near a service center appears to trigger certain updates. But even that's not for sure.
I work very near the TM factory and touch-up charge there often, so the trigger hypothesis may be supported.

Anybody has experience to request downgrading the software back to a certain version? I use Summon feature daily and its been painful to having this problem everyday.

I'm pretty sure this new version changed the threshold on the sensors where the car detects obstacle. When I manually pull the car in and out of the garage, the parking sensor now says "Stop" for a second or so and then disappears as the car enters the garage door threshold. I'm pretty sure they used to have just red lines moving to indicate the clearance.

Anybody has experience to request downgrading the software back to a certain version? I use Summon feature daily and its been painful to having this problem everyday.

I'm pretty sure this new version changed the threshold on the sensors where the car detects obstacle. When I manually pull the car in and out of the garage, the parking sensor now says "Stop" for a second or so and then disappears as the car enters the garage door threshold. I'm pretty sure they used to have just red lines moving to indicate the clearance.

I have the same issue, the last SW made everything worse but I just received a notification of another software update after I dropped my tesla at the service center

Have not, but did try upgrade before my time, and there seems to be no way.
Downgrade I think would be a dead end, you'd be missing all kinds of things you like just to save that one you lost.

Are side obstacles your problem only, or also elevation and local pitch angle transitions? I have mostly the latter, and have only failed once in many summon exits from garage in 2 weeks. But I have used it less because of the tail-gate lift limit update that's lets dog in without anxiety (mine not his).

I don't believe this is possible. But I have seen issues spring up in one release, only to be fixed again in a later release. Your best bet is to be patient and upgrade as quickly as possible. It should improve over time.