Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sun Roof Not Opening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My sunroof issue version 1 sunroof, was a mechanical issue. It was physically being stopped from opening. Service centre fixed by making a ramp at the rear of the sunroof which allows it to slide up and so open.
I would like to read more about this ramp at the rear they made so it slides up and opens. Mine is jamming at the vent position. I installed new motors.and cables and plastic wear pieces new left and right rear links. Only the left and right camblocks have not been changed.

I have a 2014 model s. The sunroof tries to open and sticks on something in the rear. I can manually push up on it as its opening and it will open all the way. It like its not rising fast enough and sticking on the gasket. Does anyone know a fox for this?
Did you figure this out I am the same. And I replaced all the parts except right and left camblocks.

My sunroof issue version 1 sunroof, was a mechanical issue. It was physically being stopped from opening. Service centre fixed by making a ramp at the rear of the sunroof which allows it to slide up and so open.
Hi, I am having the same problem. Could you please explain a little how Tesla did that ramp? A picture will be great too. Thanks.

Hi. Same problem here. Please, post any new information about it. I think the problem comes because of the wear and play/gap between the rail and the part that pulls the roof (not sure but after checking all the system seems was that), it make the roof keep too low and is stuck in the rear part.

I fixed my sunroof! Remove your glass easily with the four screws. There are removable left and right camblocks in the tracks. They are the ramp up section in each track that the links follow. At the left camblock the sunroof was obviously binding. The start of the track was so slightly bent down causing the left glass link plastic guid to bind and get stuck. I removed the camblock and so gently pryed up the bottom track start. It's been working great for two full weeks in this warm sunny weather we been having. Also I lubed up all the tracks with silicone based Syl-Glyd. My warning is if you force your roof you will damage the tooth gear on the sunroof drive motor and possible stretch or deform the sunroof link cable. Go slow go gently and inspect meticulously.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    494.1 KB · Views: 76
  • sunroof.jpg
    sunroof.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 58