Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sun Shade for Model X

ptsagcy

Nov 4, 2013
NJ
Elon made good on his promise. When I picked up my car 2 days ago there was a sunshade in the trunk. My DS said mine was the first one that came with it and that they will be shipping them with all of the cars. Those of you that have already taken delivery should contact your SC or DS for one. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet but the DS said it's similar to the MS shade. My car is going in for OptiCoat tomorrow and Friday, but I'll try to post some pics over the weekend.

K-MTG

Sunshade Captain of TMC
Oct 24, 2015
Irvine, CA
Elon made good on his promise. When I picked up my car 2 days ago there was a sunshade in the trunk. My DS said mine was the first one that came with it and that they will be shipping them with all of the cars. Those of you that have already taken delivery should contact your SC or DS for one. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet but the DS said it's similar to the MS shade. My car is going in for OptiCoat tomorrow and Friday, but I'll try to post some pics over the weekend.

Finally, I have been waiting for it!!!! Please post pictures ASAP.
I ordered the X because Elon promised me the sunshade.

Thank you!

ptsagcy

Nov 4, 2013
NJ

OK - So I finally took a look at it. Bottom line is, it works. Kinda low tech. Border fits into the channel around the sides and back of the windshield molding and front fits over the mirror.
I took some pics - hopefully this link works.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/ebe42q7ydiokuow/AACR7iuJICfwaaktvLJe5Kkja

Last edited:

K-MTG

Sunshade Captain of TMC
Oct 24, 2015
Irvine, CA
Awesome, would love to see daytime pictures. How effective is it at blocking sunlight? Are sunshades available for the skylights on the FWD?

Thanks

Cosmacelf

Mar 6, 2013
San Diego
I just called my service center and they said they are just getting the emails that create due bills for customers, and no ETA currently for existing Model X owners to get a sunshade.

ssq

Oct 23, 2013
California
Yes - titanium metallic

May I request you to please share some more pictures of your Titanium metallic X, I suppose you got tan seats - I am considering either tan or white seats (concerned about reports of seats tearing easily). Does yours have perforated tan seats ?

Thanks in advance.

ohmman

Plaid-ish Moderator
Feb 13, 2014
North Bay, CA
May I request you to please share some more pictures of your Titanium metallic X, I suppose you got tan seats - I am considering either tan or white seats (concerned about reports of seats tearing easily). Does yours have perforated tan seats ?

If so, please post them to this thread.. thanks.

Cosmacelf

Mar 6, 2013
San Diego
I called my service center agains today asking for an ETA on getting the sunshades. They still don't have an ETA and said that even new Model X cars aren't being shipped with them. This is ridiculous!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC