Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Super charging charges before I owned it...

RyanDe

Aug 24, 2016
Massachusetts
Not a big deal, but kind of strange. Picked it up today (11th) and noticed this. I guess they super charged it to fill it up two days before I took delivery. I guess I know it works...?
rCmIHSY

Attachments

• IMG_3762.JPG
    IMG_3762.JPG
    399.9 KB · Views: 40

SigNC

Aug 23, 2017
NC
seems like they would just plug into the high powered wall charger night before and call it good.

Trips

"Boring bonehead questions are not cool. Next?"
Sep 22, 2015
Omaha, NE
Off-topic but whenever I pick-up my car from service, it is charging/charged. I have never had a gas car dealer fill my tank when I brought my car in for service. New car, yes but not service.

Lexus filled up my car the first oil change I went in for and never the 8 times after that. They were charging me $90 for what I now get done outside the dealership for $45. I am looking forward to when Tesla has everything under control and the service is not a revenue producer.

Pkmmte

Le meow
Sep 19, 2017
Los Angeles, California
That's weird. I wasn't charged for any of my supercharging sessions all of last week. I was supposed to pay $20 in total but I paid $0.

Others have also recently reported not being charged for their charge, so maybe Tesla's billing system is incorrectly charging the wrong people at times?

firelegend

Mar 10, 2018
Richmond, Virginia
when the delivery centers have over-flow I think they charge the cars at local superchargers. Some of those cars have been traveling a week or two. probs low on juice. I don't think its common but I read a comment on another forum in California where a dude was having to wait for a Tesla employee to charge a new car and finally go the employee to move the car for him. it was't at a "store".

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC