TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Super charging charges before I owned it...

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by RyanDe, Jun 11, 2018.

1. RyanDe

RyanDe Member

Not a big deal, but kind of strange. Picked it up today (11th) and noticed this. I guess they super charged it to fill it up two days before I took delivery. I guess I know it works...?
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

They did mine, day of delivery.

3. SigNC

SigNC Member

seems like they would just plug into the high powered wall charger night before and call it good.

4. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

Do you have to pay that? That's kind of crappy...

5. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

No, he doesn't have to pay it. It's just Tesla Internal Chaos (tm) striking again.

• Like x 1
  6. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

Off-topic but whenever I pick-up my car from service, it is charging/charged. I have never had a gas car dealer fill my tank when I brought my car in for service. New car, yes but not service.

• Like x 3
  7. Trips

Trips "Boring bonehead questions are not cool. Next?"

Lexus filled up my car the first oil change I went in for and never the 8 times after that. They were charging me $90 for what I now get done outside the dealership for $45. I am looking forward to when Tesla has everything under control and the service is not a revenue producer.

8. lupend88

lupend88 Member

I think you and I define the word "chaos" very differently.

9. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

That's weird. I wasn't charged for any of my supercharging sessions all of last week. I was supposed to pay $20 in total but I paid $0.

Others have also recently reported not being charged for their charge, so maybe Tesla's billing system is incorrectly charging the wrong people at times?

10. firelegend

firelegend Member

when the delivery centers have over-flow I think they charge the cars at local superchargers. Some of those cars have been traveling a week or two. probs low on juice. I don't think its common but I read a comment on another forum in California where a dude was having to wait for a Tesla employee to charge a new car and finally go the employee to move the car for him. it was't at a "store".

11. Glamisduner

Glamisduner Active Member

Congrats on your new car :)

12. SigNC

SigNC Member

Now..........the real question is why is there so much voltage drop on your 120 outlet? :p

• Funny x 1