Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Super charging Leaseplan uk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all as this is my first post, I come with an issue. I currently have a M3P leased via NHS FLeet Solutions, they have given me app access, but not on line account access to my car.

I attended a supercharger yesterday and was unable to charge, I have spoken with Telsa who says the email linked to my account is the lease companies and i would need to give my card details to the lease company for me to be able to super charge....

my question is everyone with a lease care is ther online account linked to there own email address or the lease companies?

I have a similar situation, I am leasing via Leaseplan and NHS Fleet. But I have no access to the app or website. When I collected the car the team showed me the email address that was linked to the car and it was an @inbox.com address that had been made up with my name. I left them both my personal and work email address for which I have set up Tesla accounts and they have told me to expect app access within 7 days (which was a month ago). I have been to a supercharger 4 times since and it has worked faultlessly and I would assume that the cost has been billed back to lease plan?

I lease with LeasePlan (not via NHS).

- I have access to the car via the app but not to make service appointments
- I can log in to my Tesla account online - but it does not show the car
- I can edit my details, including bank cards in online account, which is where my supercharger has been billing to.

Hi "NastyNick83"

I am in the same position as you.

- Within the first 24hrs of having my car, a pheasant decided to play "chicken" and smashed the headlight. The App would't let me book an appointment to service at Milton Keynes (close to me), so I called the service centre and they booked the appointment over the phone. Finally today the appointment has appeared in my app, but it won't let me book any others. The appointment shows an address at Leasplan so I have contacted them to see if they can "transfer ownership" so that I can have the full benefits of the app

- My online account doesn't show my car either, but does let me add a payment method, so I have entered my company credit card details

- Yesterday the online account finally let me add payment details, but my question is...how does this relate the payment details to the car? If I attend a supercharging station today, what tells the Supercharger that my car is linked to the payment details I have entered when the online account where I entered the payment details doesn't show a car in the first place? Does the central screen prompt you to plug in your online account details when you first supercharge, and thereafter it is automatically recognised?

I would be really interested to know your response on the above as I want to supercharge today, but don't want to attend the station without success.

Thanks!
David

Looks like NHSFleet have made a right hash of this since there are hundreds of LeasePlan folk without these issues.
Your credit card needs to be registered with Tesla for a seamless supercharging experience. There may be a few out there that do not have their card registered and are not experiencing any supercharging problems however they are only accumulating problems for the future and one day when they really need it.....
You should be able to book a service appointment direct unless perhaps you have agreed for the leasing company to cover maintenance in which case it seems reasonable that you should deal via the leasing company.

Most lease companies are using referral codes (I've got some from Tusker) to buy the car so they should be coming with 1000 miles of charging, so it may be that this payment issue is masked and people who were charging fine and don't realise there's no card registered against their account will hit an issue when they run out of free charging.

+1 for the same problems.

I've had a terrible experience with NHS Fleet/Leaseplan. Originally collecting 4/3 from Heathrow, on arrival no car, and I had to return home.
Rescheduled for 13/3 in Birmingham.
Last night a car appeared in my Tesla app ! :)
However on collection this morning - again no car today :(. Apparently it was back in Heathrow..
To their immense credit, the Birmingham team found another and worked with the leasing company to change the VIN to me.
After 3h I got to come home with 'my' new car, M3P black/black:):):)

However, I just have some account issues:
- app is assigned to the old VIN so I can't use phone as key etc
- car doesn't appear (and didn't last night either) in my online account
- online there is nowhere to add my credit card, so now I worry I can't supercharge. I do have a home Zappi/Solar.

I think NHS Fleet have had a poor experience of these with Tesla and Leaseplan, between them they're really struggling to deliver the seamless retail experience. I guess the shear volume of 2020 registrations is going to challenge all 3 parties, I hope they get to a better place soon.

If I download Teslafi, would that help me use the phone as key, open the charging flap etc, or does that still depend on Tesla online/app account access?

TeslaFi relies on the correct car being registered to the account and remote access being enabled.

So I suspect it will be the same issue. But wont hurt to try - you can signup to teslafi (I am sure someone will send a referral) and see what vin it offers you to connect with. tbh, it shouldn't take more than a moment to swap vins over - exact same happened with us, but no lease involved, might need a visit to see them though.

online there is nowhere to add my credit card, so now I worry I can't supercharge

I think it unlikely that Tesla will leave you in the lurch on that one .. but hard to be sure of course.

If I download Teslafi, would that help me use the phone as key,

I agree with @VanillaAir_UK, if you can't see the car in APP then you won't be able to see it from TeslaFi etc either.

Not sure TeslaFi is a better tool for "open charging port" (actually pretty sure that's not one of its option, although Stop Charge and Unlock car are available), you'd be better off with Tesla APP or similar (e.g. one of the ones that handles Watch, if that's your thing) ... and that's back to getting your car to appear on your account.