Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Colorado Springs, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update! December 24th. I have attached two photos, day and night. What? Did I go down there TWICE in one day? That would be INSANE! Maybe even LUDICROUS! Nah, my bud Andrew went down there earlier today and sent me a photo. I drove by tonight to get a photo from the street at night. The street is Cascade Ave, and the superchargers are illuminated and looking GREAT!! The SC is still closed. They are all coned off with signage. I will be there again tomorrow. Mac (Thanks Andrew).
CS SC.jpg
IMG_4286.JPG

We Should be getting into town on the 29th and departing the night of the first, I will let the crowd know whenI am planning on charging the car. What do you think they would do if someone moved the cones and charged? I am not going to try it, but the thought crossed my mind.
-Jeff

@SBPORTECH: leave a post when you plan to be there. The locals will all show up with flowers and gifts...it's a party!

Hey, Sbportech! Come on! The worst they can do is impound your car. What could go wrong? I had the same thought. Power is on. Just move a cone. Charge up. If you can charge, we are moving cones! Celebration! Party!! January first at the supercharger! Welcome the new year by seeing someone with CA license plates towed and crushed. I will be there to document and post it all here. This is going to be EPIC!!! Mac

I don't think that I would let them tow the car, if i moved the cones I think I would be standing by my car ready to bolt at the first sign of a tow truck. Hopefully they will have it open by then. Have a wonderful holiday and i will post when I am headed down to charge.
-Jeff

Hah thanks for the update! The true hero of Christmas. Seriously, I'm checking this thread every day for progress. Assuming nothing too awful happens with the weather, my fiancee and I will be driving from Denver to Albuquerque on Jan 1 with two cats in tow. It would be really neat if this opened by then, not only for a charge but also to chat with some more Tesla folks!

Hey, Gperco! Yes, that Boulder to Trinidad run is doable without a charge in between, BUT! You have to watch your power usage like a hawk, depending on conditions maybe slow down, maybe get a little extra charge, perhaps in Pueblo to feel comfortable. The Colorado Springs to Trinidad leg is easy, (even in a 60 or 70), so a few minutes in the CS SC would remove all concern.

UPDATE: Today is the day after Christmas. I just got back from the SC and there is absolutely NO signs of any activity. The construction trailer is still there behind a portable fence. Will I check back tomorrow? Hell yes!! Mac

Well, I drove by in front of the SC tonight. Didn't go in, but the cones are still in place, and I can see no progress, which is probably to be expected on a sleepy Sunday. Maybe some action tomorrow! At least one of our group will go by there tomorrow and every day until it is OPEN!! Go Tesla!! Mac
I will not tell anyone if you move one of those silly cones just long enough to test out the station. :smile:

Cones are actually used to prevent people from parking at one of the Supercharger stations on I-70 in CO. The one at the hotel... can't remember the city. I think I'll call Tesla later tonight and leave a message to see what's up.

In Glenwood Springs they have cones at the hotel but they don't do much good because the parking situation is abysmal so they just get moved by people trying to park. Tesla needs to move that location or actively enforce the parking. This picture was posted to the Tesla subreddit today.