Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Tallahassee, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that's part of the game of getting a Tesla Supercharger. You have to get it all requirements and conditions before activating a Tesla Supercharger. Safety is everything, especially with electricity. I hope the new seal's toward the Supercharger Breaker's will pass, betcha it will. The work that was done toward the Tesla Supercharger in Tallahassee look cool and awesome. The six Tesla Supercharger look's awesome. I will have to shop their in the future. Just because it has Tesla Superchargers. Thank You Tesla Supercharger Team and also thank you to the company that allowed the the Tesla Supercharger at your facility of business.
Ron

Thanks for the update, Larry and sorry to spin the thread out of control on the sports topic...
Hopefully the 2nd inspection will go better and this will be operational soon.

ElectricFan - depending on availability and timing, maybe we'll connect at the SC and talk college football (and academics). We'll likely be coming through midday Thursday 9/24 before the UF/UT game weekend. BTW, Gainesville has several Level 2 chargers available that are well documented on PlugShare. Hope to connect & Go Gators! ��

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, Larry and sorry to spin the thread out of control on the sports topic...
Hopefully the 2nd inspection will go better and this will be operational soon.

ElectricFan - depending on availability and timing, maybe we'll connect at the SC and talk college football (and academics). We'll likely be coming through midday Thursday 9/24 before the UF/UT game weekend. BTW, Gainesville has several Level 2 chargers available that are well documented on PlugShare. Hope to connect & Go Gators! ��

Rats, I would love to have met you. So far, away from the forum I only know one Tesla owner - just met him briefly. Other than that the only Teslas I see are at the service centers or stores. I won't be at the Tallahassee charger until Friday, probably in the morning. I think I'll stop in Pensacola on Thursday (coming from Houston) and then continue the next morning. Sure hope its working by then! Go Vols!! It'll be a great game no matter what - usually is anyway.

Rats, I would love to have met you. So far, away from the forum I only know one Tesla owner - just met him briefly. Other than that the only Teslas I see are at the service centers or stores. I won't be at the Tallahassee charger until Friday, probably in the morning. I think I'll stop in Pensacola on Thursday (coming from Houston) and then continue the next morning. Sure hope its working by then! Go Vols!! It'll be a great game no matter what - usually is anyway.

We can still connect in Gainesville over the weekend if you plan to stay in town. PM me and we can exchange cells.
Even if this one isn't operational by next week, it's still possible to make the stretch, we'll just have to gauge it more closely.
Hope we can connect.

Any further news on the Tally SC?

I'm flying up there on Monday, but next time I go up there, I might be driving it and I'd feel better if there was an SC nearby!
I was there two days ago. I did plug in my car, and took photos to prove it. The electrical meter housing had a big "OK" sticker on it but the meter was not installed. I was told by a reliable source that it should be up and running today, Friday the 18th, but i am no longer in the area to confirm that.

I am positive that there are Tallahassee Teslians who will post the instant it has been connected.

Any owners in town that can confirm? Driving through on Thursday and hoping it has passed final inspection and is operational this week. Thanks!

Last edited:
It looks like you may be the first to use it! I'll be right behind you on the next day. Please post if you have a chance. It would be good to know if I need to drive 60mph or can go faster! GO VOLS!!

And I will be right behind you! Coming in from California in a few more days, Supercharging all the way. Have already planned to drop speed to 63 mph to make it to Lake City, but if Tallahassee opens in time, I will be all set! Folks, thanks for all of the news so far, and please keep us posted!

And I will be right behind you! Coming in from California in a few more days, Supercharging all the way. Have already planned to drop speed to 63 mph to make it to Lake City, but if Tallahassee opens in time, I will be all set! Folks, thanks for all of the news so far, and please keep us posted!
Electric, I have made the trip from Austin TX to Jacksonville FL. When you leave the Defuniak FL Supercharger, find a 18-wheeler doing 70-75 mph, set your TACC to follow the truck 2 car lengths behind and you will make it. When I left Defuniak driving at 70 mph the Nav system showed I would arrive with 5% battery at Lake City. When I drafted the 18-wheeler I had 13% battery left when I arrived and I was driving at 70-75 mph.

Electric, I have made the trip from Austin TX to Jacksonville FL. When you leave the Defuniak FL Supercharger, find a 18-wheeler doing 70-75 mph, set your TACC to follow the truck 2 car lengths behind and you will make it. When I left Defuniak driving at 70 mph the Nav system showed I would arrive with 5% battery at Lake City. When I drafted the 18-wheeler I had 13% battery left when I arrived and I was driving at 70-75 mph.

My luck there won't be one within miles of me the whole trip.

There are several local owners that are monitoring the supercharger daily and drive by it everyday on commute. We are all in contact with each other and I'll post when live. We've heard some conflicting 'dates' including from call to Tesla by one person. I had spoken to technicians onsite over a week ago which made me think this week, but the guy that called Tesla was told early Oct.

Well the construction work toward the Tesla Supercharger looks awesome. Hopefully the Supercharger will go up and running soon. Can't wait for event picture's. Ribbon cutting and everything. I would also like to say thank you to the company that approved it's installation in the area and also to Tesla Supercharger Team. :)
Ron

I live here in Tally and have a P85D. I just got word from a credible source that the Tallahassee Supercharger "should be" live by the end of the day! I will go by later and try to make a post to verify!

Hi Carl,

Thanks for keeping us posted and welcome to the forum.

If you are interested in joining our Florida Tesla club, please click on the link to Florida Tesla Enthusiasts in my signature.

Larry