Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Adairsville, GA - Union Grove Rd SE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a big unfinished clue in your photos - the chargers don’t yet have their individual identifying stickers 1A 1B 1C etc.

It’s certainly good to see the fencing gone.
The Atlanta Superchargers didn't have all the numbers on them when they opened last year.

IMG_9190.jpeg

Reactions: ChrisC
Ok, I’ll be back out tomorrow and check the other side.
No, sorry, that was for the photo example given above in post #41 - a different charger location.

For this Adairsville installation all the chargers are facing the same direction and stickers will be shown facing the parking spots.

Post #41 just happens to show the interesting case where chargers are installed in the center of a double parking row where you charge from both sides.

Last edited:
I see a sticker for 7A. The charger next to it is facing the other direction, so the sticker will be on the other side of that charger.
I distinctly remembered going to the opening of a Supercharger and it not having the numbering installed yet. I got confused and looked at my pic of the Atlanta Supercharger. It was actually the Metter Supercharger ("my" Supercharger🤣). Here it is Thanksgiving day (the day after it opened) 2019 with no numbering. So numbering is NOT a requirement for them to be open.

IMG_2718.jpeg
IMG_2703.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: AudreyHTX1
I was at the Buc-ee's in Fort Valley (south of Macon) yesterday, talked with the Tesla techs there who told me they had just finished and that location should come online right away. I asked him where they were going next and he said Buc-ee's in Adairsville. Looks like this site is on the verge of going active.

Reactions: AudreyHTX1
So, we first took photos of this construction beginning on the evening of Tuesday, 8/16. It looked like they had just started, although they could have been working on it for a couple of days. Maybe they started on Monday 8/15? Fencing was up and very recent excavation of the soil - still in progress, and relocation of a lamp post. The pre-fab V3 chargers had not yet been delivered.

Then chargers went live late last night or early this morning - 2 weeks later. So the whole start construction to live operation process may have only taken 2 weeks and 1 or 2 days. Pretty darn amazing!!!

I think it’s not as far a way to walk as it is at the Fort Valley Buc-ee’s. There is an entrance to the side so you don’t walk all the way around the building.

In this image the chargers are on the left side and there is an entrance at the front. The chargers were placed close to that small fenced building in the far left corner. They are where that white pickup is parked in front of the big light decoration which is cut off in the photo.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpNorth067
This site is now showing up in Tesla's public map, and Plugshare admins have normally up the (previously hidden) listing:

If anyone here stops at this location in the next couple days / weeks, please do a slow drive around the back of the property looking for construction. A Mercedes-Benz Charging Hub site may be going in. M-B announced a partnership with Bucee's late last year that said that SOME (not all) sites would be getting the infrastructure. We've been watching this site ever since but nothing has been spotted. But this morning someone added a listing to Plugshare, possibly M-B or Chargepoint staff. If you stop by, please do a checkin in the Plugshare listing, or report here and I'll copy over. Buc-ee's (Coming Soon) | Calhoun, GA | EV Station