Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Feeling your pain Theshadows. We live in upstate NY and the Binghamton addition seemd promising but without something near Allentown, Binghamton does not really help us on a trip to Philly area so we have used an ICE car for that frequent run instead of our beautiful 85D.

Feeling your pain Theshadows. We live in upstate NY and the Binghamton addition seemd promising but without something near Allentown, Binghamton does not really help us on a trip to Philly area so we have used an ICE car for that frequent run instead of our beautiful 85D.

Really? We live just outside of Philly and now with Binghamton, we should be able to do Rochester no problem. Binghamton to south Philly should run you 223 rated miles. Tight in the cold, but should be no problem otherwise. Heading north on the same trip is 235 rated miles. . . That's at 50 degrees ambient, 400 pounds in the car and speeding (1.1x) Check it out on evtripplanner.com.

Really? We live just outside of Philly and now with Binghamton, we should be able to do Rochester no problem. Binghamton to south Philly should run you 223 rated miles. Tight in the cold, but should be no problem otherwise. Heading north on the same trip is 235 rated miles. . . That's at 50 degrees ambient, 400 pounds in the car and speeding (1.1x) Check it out on evtripplanner.com.

binghamton solved my central NY to southern NJ problem... i can go from south jersey (Atco) to binghamton in one shot, and then from tehre up to the finger lakes. and vise versa. I have to pass Philly in both directions to do that...lol so you don't need allentown to go from central/upstate NY to philly and back.

binghamton solved my central NY to southern NJ problem... i can go from south jersey (Atco) to binghamton in one shot, and then from tehre up to the finger lakes. and vise versa. I have to pass Philly in both directions to do that...lol so you don't need allentown to go from central/upstate NY to philly and back.

However if you want to drive south, Allentown is really necessary in the winter, even in an 85, asumming you want to be comfortable and drive at a reasonable speed. It's 211 miles from Binghamton to Newark, DE and experience has taught me that 30 degrees with a little wind or snow and maybe some hills requires more than just a range charge for that distance. In the summer I would do it in a heartbeat.

I just drove NYC to Pittsburgh and used Chademo in Harrisburg. It charged at 1.7 miles per minute which is about 1/3 as fast as a supercharger. I don't own the adapter, I had to borrow it for just this one weekend. Pretty big pain in the ass to drive thru the PA deadzone. TSLA really needs to make this a priority!

2qnqjvl.jpg

Looks like construction may have started. Image is from user 'watsonnostaw' on the tesla motors forum. Thanks watsonnostaw.

I just drove NYC to Pittsburgh and used Chademo in Harrisburg. It charged at 1.7 miles per minute which is about 1/3 as fast as a supercharger. I don't own the adapter, I had to borrow it for just this one weekend. Pretty big pain in the ass to drive thru the PA deadzone. TSLA really needs to make this a priority!

Yeah, we made a 1.5hr stop @ harrisburg last weekend doing the same drive. If you stop @ the chademo on the west side of Harrisburg, there is a nice restaurant 'Black & Bleu' within walking distance.

View attachment 103308

Looks like construction may have started. Image is from user 'watsonnostaw' on the tesla motors forum. Thanks watsonnostaw.

wow, totally diff location vs behind AMC. I guess they were just storing the equipment back there. This is a good spot. Red Robin is right there, but it has it's own parking lot. This location is actually technically the entrance but also the "rear" since the stores are on the opposite end.

11/6/15 pictures

You may commence drooling. Looks like PP&L is installing two new poles to cross the road giving the SC its own dedicated drop. I'm surprised it's on this side because it's so close to the entrance for Red Robin. Risk of ICEing is certainly higher than behind the movie theater. In my opinion they could have pulled directly without needing to add poles and cross a street but I'm no EE.

image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 115
Great pictures! Thanks for the update!
sc-8.jpg

I just went this morning and a worker confirmed it is a Tesla Supercharger installation. He wouldn't let me closer with my cell phone, but this box appears to be for an 8 bay station!
They need the capacity here!
One day I can write up some tips for visitors about what is available within walking distance.

Last edited:
Updated pics from this morning

Lots of progress. One of the PP&L poles has been placed. All conduit looks to be completed. Crates with the supercharger stacks and pedestals look to be on site. If anyone needs fill there's a 4sale sign on the dirt though I'd have no idea who to call. Heck if anyone knows who to call I'd gladly take it. There are a total of 8 verticals so yes 8 stalls is correct with room to expand down the row later if needed.

IMG_1173.JPG
IMG_1174.JPG
IMG_1175.jpg
IMG_1177.jpg
IMG_1178.jpg
IMG_1179.JPG
IMG_1180.jpg
IMG_1181.jpg
IMG_1182.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1176.jpg
    IMG_1176.jpg