Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a potential trip coming up that this might make a little easier if it's online.... would let me skip south Jersey all together. Otherwise I'll need to cut over to Newark and head up 95/NJTP... since I don't think I could make Edison or Paramus direct from Hagerstown, especially not in the cold.

I've contemplated long power outages at home as well... I could most likely go 2-3, maybe 4 days without power at home (for my car). My generator will run a few toys, but it won't be powering my car! unless... (gets an evil grin...)... it would be an awful hack, but I'm sure I could wire it if I had to. but I'm sure it wouldn't be ... efficient.

Yup. How many superchargers in the NE will lose power due to the storm? And I imagine the priority by the power companies to get them back online will be pretty low.

Seriously? The stories you hear about people not having power for a few days are in residential neighborhoods.
Superchargers are on commercial property so they ought to be one of the first things back up after a power loss.
They probably wouldn't be usable because they wouldn't be plowed out. But then again, not many people would be out on the roads in their electric cars either, so toss-up for maybe a few days.

In CT - ever since Superstorm Sandy, all highway rest stops are required to have a backup generator so that the fuel pumps are operational. Darien, Milford and Greenwich Superchargers are in area rest stops. I have no idea of the Superchargers are part of the generator connection but it would not surprise me. Those generators are absolutely massive. Absent another storm with the magnitude of Sandy, I think those locations will be back online very quickly if power is lost.

It's open!!
20160121_115238[1].jpg
20160121_115904[1].jpg
20160121_115409[1].jpg