Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alpine, TX - South Cockrell Street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long does it take for the navigation to suggest using it? I did a test routing to see what it would look like (on my phone, so don’t know about in car nav) and it doesn’t suggest using that charger, even for a round trip from Midland. It still thinks I should drive way out of my to use the charger in Van Horn on the way back.

The app shows the charger as available, and offers to route me to it if i select it directly, but it won’t select it to charge on the return trip.

It allows vehicles to get closer to the stall, making it easier for to reach the charge port. That'll be needed with the short V3 cables.
I’ve been at plenty of V3 chargers with tire stops no problem. Seems like they are just asking for broken chargers without some kind of stop whether bollards or parking stops.

If it’s for other non-Tesla vehicles, well this is going to be interesting!

Last edited:
I’ve been at plenty of V3 chargers with tire stops no problem. Seems like they are just asking for broken chargers without some kind of stop whether bollards or parking stops.

If it’s for other non-Tesla vehicles, well this is going to be interesting!
I suspect that it's for other non-tesla vehicles. I haven't seen a "pretty" parking solution that doesn't eat an extra charger stall yet for some of those cars.

IMG_1480.jpeg
IMG_1479.jpeg
IMG_1481.jpeg
254 peak. kiosks vulnerable:no tire stops. alcoholic drinks to go
limited hot foods available
good location unless you get blocked by a train

View attachment 1016045View attachment 1016046View attachment 1016047254 peak. kiosks vulnerable:no tire stops. alcoholic drinks to go
limited hot foods available
good location unless you get blocked by a train

I got blocked by a train once in Alpine - I think this is fairly common, it appeared that they do some loading/unloading there?, so the trains are stationary for long periods of time. It was not a glorious experience. IIRC I eventually was able to drive around the end of it.

Nevertheless, an awesome Supercharger addition and the detailed pics appreciated.