Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Asheville, NC - Thetford Street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sure, trade off is they can easily be hit though.
Not sure I'd say "easily". While the parking stops/blocks are not quite as effective as the curb at the edge of the pavement (and they could become loose), they should be more or less effective at stopping accidental collisions. If someone did intentionally drive into the pedestal, it would not stop them, but neither would the curb. And in this case, they did put the parking stops on both sides of the pedestal. The pedestals do appear to be centered between the back-to-back spots, which should allow more or less equivalent access from both sides, except for the fact that the cord is going to be on the "wrong" side of the pedestal on the back side. This would require a "twist" of the cable and the length might be slightly inadequate.

yeah i just see a long bed truck easily backing into it, but maybe i'm wrong. :)
Ah, I see you're point. It's more about the fact that the pedestals are out in the middle of a sea of pavement, rather than at the edge of the parking lot. That's a reasonable assessment. Not having seen the layout of this particular parking lot, it's hard to tell, but I think that's a fair concern.

Anyone hear anything more about a charger going in around Blowing Rock or Banner Elk? I'd really like to have the option to bring the Tesla on ski trips.
No, but there are plenty of L2 charging options in Blowing Rock, which might be more appropriate for a ski trip anyway. Also, if staying overnight, even at a property without a destination or J1772 charger, charging at 120V will probably get you a pretty decent amount of range overnight.

Does your route take you through Hickory? Doesn't seem like a huge stretch to get to/from Hickory from either of those destinations (it's only 60 miles from Banner Elk to Hickory via Blowing Rock).

Reactions: nogajim and ChrisC