Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Franklin, NC (back Under Contstruction)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plugshare is showing a new site under construction at
329 Franklin Plaza,
Franklin, NC 28734, USA

Cant find how to send message to supercharger.info

Nice find and thanks for sharing! This is starting to fill in the big gap on that side of NC.
@corywright @Chuq and a few others are mods at the superchager.info site and they can add it for us.

This one isn't on Tesla's map, but I wonder if it "counts" as the Sylva voting winner. Probably a better location than Sylva if you had to pick only one, an opinion that I think was shared by my some of NC friends after the voting process as well.
While I do like this location more than Sylva.... why not both? :p It still looks like a large hole to fill in with charging.

Now that Tesla wrapped up 3 locations in Eastern VA (Supercharger - Norfolk, VA - 1146 N Military Hwy , Supercharger - Suffolk, VA , Supercharger - Franklin, VA ) in the last 2 months maybe they can swing over to Western NC and knock out a few there :cool:

1705711931681.png

I always thought Sylvia and Cherokee were too close together. IMO Franklin and Cherokee makes more sense, along with the soon to come Helen, GA location. Of course, more superchargers are better regardless of location.
Sylva is still happening but I really don’t think Cherokee needs them. Destination chargers make more sense there IMO.

Hopefully Murphy area also happens soon.

Franklin, NC

Host Type: Mall
Host: Franklin Plaza
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-23, US-64, US-441
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-23

To: Asheville, NC - 65.7 miles
Diversion: 0.2 miles
To: Chillicothe, OH - 418.3 miles

US-64

From: Chattanooga - Hamilton Place Blvd, TN - 127.3 miles
To: Hendersonville, NC - 79.8 miles (Construction)
Diversion: 0.4 miles
To: Mocksville, NC - 230.1 miles

US-441

To: Pigeon Forge, TN - 77 miles
Diversion: 0.2 miles
To: Powell, TN - 119.3 miles

US Numbered Highway triple Splitter! Help for accessing the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, but also opens up the US-64 route.

I keep dropping Murphy SC suggestion to Tesla. I hope they start filling in these rural gaps
They are, just not where you want them. :p

Now that they are building Sylva, NC then it would make Murphy, NC a more obvious filler, as it would split the gap from Chattanooga, TN.

And it's on _four_ US Numbered Highways, so it deserves to be built, dam(n) it! (Murphy has hydro so shouldn't have power problems.)

• Funny
Reactions: SigNC and ChrisC
While I do like this location more than Sylva.... why not both? :p It still looks like a large hole to fill in with charging.

Now that Tesla wrapped up 3 locations in Eastern VA (Supercharger - Norfolk, VA - 1146 N Military Hwy , Supercharger - Suffolk, VA , Supercharger - Franklin, VA ) in the last 2 months maybe they can swing over to Western NC and knock out a few there :cool:

View attachment 1010558
Is the voting screen the only place you can see the planned (grey) locations now? I swear Tesla moves things around too much (not that I follow too much anymore). I used to appreciate that you could click on a future location and see what quarter it was supposed to happen (although it was usually wrong).

Also ironically with the voting, they're accepting votes for Blacksburg, VA, with no grey coming soon location. That site is supposed to be open at the end of Feb. I guess too many moving parts...

Is the voting screen the only place you can see the planned (grey) locations now?
Yeah, it does seem like that is the only official way to see the planned locations now. Unofficially there is a crowdsourced map of locations here: supercharge.info . It's a cool site that links to these forums and is powered by members like us to provide "boots on the ground" information about site information.

Yeah, it does seem like that is the only official way to see the planned locations now. Unofficially there is a crowdsourced map of locations here: supercharge.info . It's a cool site that links to these forums and is powered by members like us to provide "boots on the ground" information about site information.
Awesome thanks. Yes I'm a huge have of Supercharge. Crazy to see it grow over the years. I used to be a heavy sleuther back in the day. Its almost getting to the point that keeping track of new sites is less important, which is a great thing! My last desired spot is coming online in a few weeks. Blacksburg, VA!

I got a local to check it :) He says there are 11 pedestals, which I know is an odd number but that's what he says. Transformer is visible at left. I've asked him to report on whether the meter is there, but that might be it poking out the right side of the transformer.

Attachments

• 431615192_2727169470763782_6656809471040820279_n.jpg
    431615192_2727169470763782_6656809471040820279_n.jpg
    575.6 KB · Views: 16