Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Franklin, NC (back Under Contstruction)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a local to check it :) He says there are 11 pedestals, which I know is an odd number but that's what he says. Transformer is visible at left. I've asked him to report on whether the meter is there, but that might be it poking out the right side of the transformer.
When I asked the foreman on a nearby SuC construction site (Matthews), he said that the oddball eleven bays at Providence Rd Charlotte were what the owner limited them to. I suppose the owners only will to give up space for what is feasible to them. So Franklin's eleven might be space or owner driven.

As the Providence Rd site was being built, there were even twelve pedestals laying around!

Looking forward to using Franklin, NC and Sylva, NC in a few weeks, as I "take the back roads" to Chattanooga. Did the Model X via Interstates in 2020 and now will see what the Y will do in the mountains.

Great to see these rural gaps being filled!

Would love to try the Tail of the Dragon one day, having a SuC not too far away.

Yes, the store at the Gap does have two level 2 chargers. One Tesla and one J1772. Daryl Cannon (Killboy) is a friend and involved with the store. This is the store to the left as you come from from the NC side. The larger gas station and dinner is a good place to stop for food. I voted for the Sylva location so I could have more options coming up from Charlotte. Franklin will be great for when we head over there for Cafe Rel (recommended). I'd still like a Supercharger at Fontana Village or, failing that, Robbinsville. A Model 3P on the Dragon is a hoot!

Reactions: theothertom
I got a local to check it :) He says there are 11 pedestals, which I know is an odd number but that's what he says. Transformer is visible at left. I've asked him to report on whether the meter is there, but that might be it poking out the right side of the transformer.
Knightdale, NC is another 11 pedestal location. It’s 11 on the pin still throws when I look at area superchargers on the nav map.

IMG_0602.jpeg

Well this is a surprise! Hopefully this is "just" some rework, like some part of the in-ground work was found to be unacceptable well after the fact. If so, I can only imagine the drama surrounding the surveying or the final inspection or whatever step in this process failed here. Tropical Jack I hope you can stop by daily this week to update us on what's going on.

Could this be a V3 to V4 pedestal conversion? Like, it was supposed to be V4 from the start, but in some major screwup they shipped and installed V3. Were the concrete pedestal bases already the kind that support both V3 and V4? Are V4 sites ever side mount like here? The mind reels :)