Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ashland, OR (LIVE 1 Sep 2023, 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's see, I picked a route I've done before. The first charger I clicked on was listed as OUT OF ORDER in the title. The second one was shown as 6x chargers open 24x7. Plugshare has it as three dual CCS/CHAdeMO 62kW chargers, with the site open 8-6 M-Sa.

One of these days, maybe, the other manufacturers will understand that gluing all the charge networks together is necessary but not sufficient. You also need to do real route planning.

Reactions: Polly Wog
I had a visit to the UPS Store at exit 14 in Ashland a few minutes ago, so I popped across the freeway to check out construction progress. I just happened to arrive at an exciting moment: toys are being delivered! Six cabinets, coils of (I assume) flexible conduit, concrete bases and big cardboard boxes that I imagine contain the actual chargers. See photos!
2023-03-02 09-59-37.jpg
2023-03-02 09-59-49.jpg
2023-03-02 09-59-58.jpg
2023-03-02 10-01-06.jpg
2023-03-02 10-01-17.jpg

I think we should start a stopwatch!… the VP lead for SC (sadly, one of only TWO women on the BOM out of at least 18) said they had dramatically reduced the install time for these plug and play SC installations. Certainly true to some extent. I wouldn’t count local certification against them (although that/this is certainly something I would look to optimize and make as optimal as possible).. Will be nice to have ASHLAND to add to MEDFORD for those seasonal South to BEND and BEND to South runs. I just love the 97 to 62 runs, past CL and pretty much all downhill to Medford and I5.

Nice pics, and nice view !!!

If you can, try to localise the location of the transformer, this is in general a big bottleneck.
From the initial plan, the location seems to be on the rear leaft, near the building with a blue roof.

Also it seems that all the stales are reverse only, no front entry for the one at each end,
which would have been nice if you carry bicycles or a tow a trailer.
Especially since I could not see extra park area to park a trailer while charging.

Last edited:
Nice pics, and nice view !!!

If you can, try to localise the location of the transformer, this is in general a big bottleneck.
From the initial plan, the location seems to be on the rear leaft, near the building with a blue roof.

Also it seems that all the stales are reverse only, no front entry for the one at each end,
which would have been nice if you carry bicycles or a tow a trailer.
Especially since I could not see extra park area to park a trailer while charging.
They have been doing a lot of work on all that wood framing that the conduit leads to. Should hold the transformer as well. Luckily transformers are not nearly the bottleneck in OR that they are in CA with PGE. Our new chargers seem to come online pretty fast. I am waiting for the stalls to arrive and see if we get magic docks or not.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Dang. I'll be spending the night Saturday in Ashland, but looks like I'll be charging up in Medford so I can get start on Sunday.
Next trip (Ashland is our overnight on regular trips Seattle to Bay Area).