Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ashland, OR (LIVE 1 Sep 2023, 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are a couple of shots from yesterday. Indeed, no pavement yet.

They're kind of hiding behind the chargers, but you can see six cabinets in two rows of three in the lower shot.

Curiously, I only count eleven chargers in the upper shot. I didn't notice when I was on site. Maybe it's just outside the frame in an extra-wide handicap spot. Anyway, sorry for the poor photo if I just missed it.

I didn't see a transformer. But this is a ton of progress since I was last there!
View attachment 929050View attachment 929049
There is one more stall to the right, out of frame. Nearest the curb, it’s spaced differently because it will be handicap accessible.

• Informative
Reactions: CharleyBC
Considerable work remaining. No recent progress. Tesla lists this site as Q4.

There will not be any pull thru spaces.

Attachments

• IMG_4585.jpeg
    IMG_4585.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 268
  • IMG_4587.jpeg
    IMG_4587.jpeg
    772.5 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_4586.jpeg
    IMG_4586.jpeg
    826.6 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_4584.jpeg
    IMG_4584.jpeg
    760.4 KB · Views: 143
I was nearby, so I popped in for a peek. Not heaps of progress. There was one man working, kinda between his pickup and the orange digger. I couldn't tell what he was doing specifically. One photo (last one) shows open doors on the white cabinets, and there are spools of cables here and there, so presumably some wiring. The backsides of all the stalls are open with their innards hanging out. And obviously we could still use some pavement.
2023-06-08 16-25-44.jpg
2023-06-08 16-26-39.jpg
2023-06-08 16-26-01.jpg
2023-06-08 16-26-23.jpg

IMG_2950.jpegIMG_2949.jpegIMG_2951.jpeg
So by pure luck, I became acquaintances with the landowner and mastermind behind this station today. As of now, it is scheduled to be opened on July 21st. The transformers and whatnot are apparently good and ready, the final power hookup is being pulled today (pictured?), and paving, curbs, and gutters will be done later this week.

Not only that, but the 3-story building is indeed happening and it is beautiful. If they didn't do it there would have been even more charging stalls. It's in the final design phase and aiming to be open by the end of next year. The first floor will be a higher-end convenience store, the second floor is planned to offer tapas-style foods, and the 3rd floor will be more of an open-top seating area to enjoy the view. Before the building is done, I believe conjunction with the charger itself opening, there will be a food cart area open seven days a week. Unsure if this stays or not when the building is done. Anyways, I'm super excited about this, and I think it will be an excellent charging stop. By far the best option in the area.

View attachment 955335View attachment 955336View attachment 955337
So by pure luck, I became acquaintances with the landowner and mastermind behind this station today. As of now, it is scheduled to be opened on July 21st. The transformers and whatnot are apparently good and ready, the final power hookup is being pulled today (pictured?), and paving, curbs, and gutters will be done later this week.

Not only that, but the 3-story building is indeed happening and it is beautiful. If they didn't do it there would have been even more charging stalls. It's in the final design phase and aiming to be open by the end of next year. The first floor will be a higher-end convenience store, the second floor is planned to offer tapas-style foods, and the 3rd floor will be more of an open-top seating area to enjoy the view. Before the building is done, I believe conjunction with the charger itself opening, there will be a food cart area open seven days a week. Unsure if this stays or not when the building is done. Anyways, I'm super excited about this, and I think it will be an excellent charging stop. By far the best option in the area.
That’s a lot of work for 10 days with no transformer on site. Especially considering the local utility provides that and it is not something the site owners or contractor/Tesla has on hand to provide. We have heard lot of stories from site owners and contractors saying the site will be ready on this day and that day was months before the site actually opened.

That’s a lot of work for 10 days with no transformer on site. Especially considering the local utility provides that and it is not something the site owners or contractor/Tesla has on hand to provide. We have heard lot of stories from site owners and contractors saying the site will be ready on this day and that day was months before the site actually opened.
Yea, I dont know who is right. They were pretty convinced it was ready to go

Reactions: Mrbrock
We popped by today after shopping. Not much new since @ninerbynature 's post Tuesday, except worker vehicles are gone. No transformer that I could see. They'll need to remove the existing sidewalk and curb. The sidewalk is all crumbled, presumably from heavy equipment. Plus the curb has to go to put in a driveway. There are some lamp posts snoozing at the far end of the lot.
IMG_1082.JPEG
IMG_1083.JPEG