Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Athens GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think Plugshare is *automatically* sync'd with Tesla's own listings. Rather, they have an agreement with Tesla to suppress any supercharging listings that the public adds, until Tesla is finally showing it on their site. This is to avoid user confusion and frustration. If someone from the general public wants to add a supercharger listing that's under construction, they should enter it as a wall outlet site and as restricted (brown pin), which DOUBLY keeps it off the default user views and off the radar. Plugshare seems to tolerate that, or just doesn't notice it, nor does anyone else, which is the point. But it still gives us a listing to point fellow EV fans to, so they can monitor construction progress. Kind of like these TMC threads :)

After the station goes officially online, appearing on Tesla's website, then Plugshare adds it to their system. If one of our under-construction listings is already there (hidden as I described above) then they just convert that listing. As notes above, the Tesla Supercharger plug type is not one that we can select.

All that said, Plugshare's process seems to have broken down on this one, as it took 10 days from appearing on the Tesla website for them to finally list the station properly. In the meantime someone added another listing, not knowing about the hidden listing I mentioned above, and Plugshare quickly deleted that. OK, THAT they were quick at :)

f5874681-bc48-405e-82ad-c2cb129680fe.118485
Hit 423 mph today.