Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Austin, TX - FM 969

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
It's not the Circle K "Corner Store"?
It probably is. What I meant to infer is that it's still really really close (like across the street) from the northern-most edge of Tesla's land. I'm not 100% but I think it goes all the way up to FM 969, the road that runs by the proposed Super Charger location. If you look on open street maps (or Supercharger.info) the purple area I believe is the land owned by Tesla.

this is not the same location. The address is the Circle K gas station on Webbervile Road - not the factory.
Presumably because the factory is not likely to be public charging, whereas Webberville Road will be
Correct, I only posted in here because it was effectively next door and I hadn't seen a thread for Giga Texas supercharger yet. It was just to get the attention of the moderators that can add locations.

Also to amend my comments earlier in the thread, the Tesla land doesn't quite make it to the gas station supercharger location on that (west) side of the highway, but does come up to it across the highway to the east. I thought Tesla owned all the way up to the edge of the land the gas station sits on. It is close to the station, but regardless I was incorrect on how close.

Meaning that there's physical access controls to get to those superchargers, or there's some software trickery that only allows certified cars to charge there?
They even have their own thread :)

Yeah, you have to be careful about reading those additional information items because it's not always clear exactly what's being talked about. In this case, the "4 wire runs" could mean just that the service is 3 phase and neutral (i.e. 4 wire). Or it could be wiring to 4 supercharger cabinets (pre-fab or not). Or it could be wiring from the utility transformer to the switchgear, then from there to 3 cabinets (i.e. 12 stalls), so 1+3=4. Or it could be something totally different.