Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Austin, TX - Gigafactory (not open to the public)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems a bit premature to post this on supercharge.info. Like GF Reno, its likely this is not going to be available to the public. @Chuq
The SC at the Fremont factory is open to the public though, people pickup their cars there. As Austin will be making Y & Cybertruck its fairly reasonable to expect the same to apply here (maybe just hoping)
Obviously while construction is happening its more likely to be closed to the public though.
The GF1 isn't making cars so has no real public expectation.
Hopefully the factory store model will be followed here - they certainly have the room.

Seems a bit premature to post this on supercharge.info. Like GF Reno, its likely this is not going to be available to the public. @Chuq
While that's likely, it's still handy to link the location to this thread. (Note this video was originally posted in another thread and I inadvertently updated the wrong pin on SC.info. At least having it marked makes it clear which one is being discussed. It can always be deleted later)

• Helpful
Reactions: RTPEV and CarlS
While that's likely, it's still handy to link the location to this thread. (Note this video was originally posted in another thread and I inadvertently updated the wrong pin on SC.info. At least having it marked makes it clear which one is being discussed. It can always be deleted later)
Also, worst case scenario if you navigate there on purpose, are low on energy and then get denied trying to charge at giga Austin there will be the other supercharger built just a mile or so up the road. People can use that one, it will certainly be open to the public.

Reactions: Electroman
Also, worst case scenario if you navigate there on purpose, are low on energy and then get denied trying to charge at giga Austin there will be the other supercharger built just a mile or so up the road. People can use that one, it will certainly be open to the public.
Exactly. Its not that you are dead in the water. I think the security will redirect anyone to just drive down the road to the other public SC.

This factory is also meant to be a public destination. Elon said there will be all kinds of things to do there eventually, especially factory tours. It WILL open to the public, but maybe not until the factory is finished.
Isn't that quaint. I remember way back when I used to think than Elon was a reliable source of information about Tesla. :D

As others have said, I wonder if that's true.

One of the things that supports public access is that "they" are building a new 4 lane divided road across the tollway which goes from Highway 973 on the far West edge of the property along the river, under the Tollway 130 bridge to a so-far unknown destination on the East side. I don't know who "they" is (ie. Tesla, the city, the state or otherwise) but it is clearly a public road, under construction while GF Austin is under construction. It is being built as a major road expecting a lot of traffic.

Given this is the CT factory, surprised they didn't make a drive through or tow friendly SC. San Marcos has one stall that you can leave hooked up but not reserved for towing. The Austin SC on 35 is impossible to use with a trailer.

Maybe give it the limited hours icon and describe it as not yet publicly available. Thoughts @corywright ?
I discussed this with @Chuq and @MarcoRP and we all agreed it should be removed from supercharge.info until it's publicly available.

We'll add it back as soon as it's open to the public.