Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Austin, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nah, I think the delay is shipping in this thing to get around the roots.
tunnel_boring_company_borer.0.jpg

Like seriously what is taking so long? I was hoping to use this when I came down in June - but nada. Now I have another Austin visit in August and it looks like it won't be ready for that either. What is taking so long now that they have the city's approval (City of Austin is very very dumb development/building code wise so I get that delay) - come on Tesla - let's do this!!!

Like seriously what is taking so long? I was hoping to use this when I came down in June - but nada. Now I have another Austin visit in August and it looks like it won't be ready for that either. What is taking so long now that they have the city's approval (City of Austin is very very dumb development/building code wise so I get that delay) - come on Tesla - let's do this!!!
Sadly it makes sense. They only got approval at the end of June. So now they will have to restart the scheduling.
The work crews are probably already assigned on other builds.

• Informative
Reactions: CarlS
This is what happens when you try to make progress in a progressive city. Too much red tape.
If by progress you mean chopping down a bunch of trees so few car chargers can be installed then I'm pleased my city is preventing that.
All it took was a simple redesign of the cabling so that the trees weren't impacted.
Had the initial plan taken its surrounding into account it would have been approved first time.
So yes, I'll take that so called "red tape" thanks.

If by progress you mean chopping down a bunch of trees so few car chargers can be installed then I'm pleased my city is preventing that.
All it took was a simple redesign of the cabling so that the trees weren't impacted.
Had the initial plan taken its surrounding into account it would have been approved first time.
So yes, I'll take that so called "red tape" thanks.

Yessir pardner... we don't respond kindly to cutting' trees down in these here parts... but we do get mighty pissed when some fancy city designer can't see their way to a design away from the grackle poopin' sacred state tree of texas...

• Funny
Reactions: byeLT4