Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Austin, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've seen a few of the 30 minute parking... I've always assumed that is suggested only if other folks are waiting to charge... Kind of surprised they don't specify.
I can't read these, but the 30 min. signs I've seen at other superchargers were for "general" parking. In other words, spaces that were not exclusively for Tesla use. Nothing to do with a limit on charging time.

I dove by again this morning. From what I can tell, there are 4x 30 minute time restricted spots on the right side and 4x untimed spots on the left.
Not sure from your words that you understand the signs. The 30 minute sign means anyone, Tesla or not, can park there for 30 minutes. The other slots are for Tesla charging only. Charging Tesla's can be in the 30 minute slots as long as they need to for charging.

• Informative
Reactions: otter
I agree... I love that I'm already getting ready to ask people to please respect the 30 minute sign as I use my unlimited supercharging... even though 5 of 6 stalls are available.... and the other 1 of 6 stalls is just a grackle pooping on a prius....

• Funny
Reactions: CarlS and geoffreak
Assuming you are serious, how many hours will you have to sit at the supercharger to save that $100?
Two things... first, thank you for referring to me as "serious"... it rarely happens....the second thing is that I drive a good amount of mileage.... 10,000 miles in 5 months.... I'm curious, what would that mean for my electric bill... also, I doubt I'll use the supercharger that much actually, because I installed my own charger...

Two things... first, thank you for referring to me as "serious"... it rarely happens....the second thing is that I drive a good amount of mileage.... 10,000 miles in 5 months.... I'm curious, what would that mean for my electric bill... also, I doubt I'll use the supercharger that much actually, because I installed my own charger...

10,000 mi * 300 Wh/mi = 3,000,000 Wh = 3000 KWh * $0.11/KWh = $330 over 5 months or $66/mo. There :p

Assuming you are serious, how many hours will you have to sit at the supercharger to save that $100?
It's not a waste of time at all since he needs frequent breaks from driving to stop and stretch his legs! Also he will get to enjoy some of the many amenities located at or near this supercharger! His Tesla will be fully charged and ready to go before he is!

IMG_2310.JPG IMG_2309.JPG IMG_2311.JPGIMG_2313.JPGIMG_2312.JPG

Shot these today...

It's not a waste of time at all since he needs frequent breaks from driving to stop and stretch his legs! Also he will get to enjoy some of the many amenities located at or near this supercharger! His Tesla will be fully charged and ready to go before he is!

No. you're missing the point. To save on your electric bill, that would imply someone is going to charge at the local supercharger versus charging at home - not while traveling. You HAVE to charge at the superchargers when traveling, but that doesn't save you money on your electric bill. And that brought me to the point of asking why anyone would ever go sit at a supercharger versus charging at home while you sleep. Yes, you may save a few dollars on your electric bill by doing that, but if you spend 5 hours a month sitting at a local supercharger versus doing something you enjoy (or working), isn't that time better spent? I just can't imagine someone who has $70 to $140k to spend on a Tesla driving to a local supercharger once or twice a week to charge their car to save $100 a month, if all they are saving/making on that is $20 (or less) per hour.

That was all I was asking about.

No. you're missing the point. To save on your electric bill, that would imply someone is going to charge at the local supercharger versus charging at home - not while traveling. You HAVE to charge at the superchargers when traveling, but that doesn't save you money on your electric bill. And that brought me to the point of asking why anyone would ever go sit at a supercharger versus charging at home while you sleep. Yes, you may save a few dollars on your electric bill by doing that, but if you spend 5 hours a month sitting at a local supercharger versus doing something you enjoy (or working), isn't that time better spent? I just can't imagine someone who has $70 to $140k to spend on a Tesla driving to a local supercharger once or twice a week to charge their car to save $100 a month, if all they are saving/making on that is $20 (or less) per hour.

Yes it's dumb and it won't save me any money, but the part of me that convinced myself to buy the car for free supercharging won't let me move on from that fantasy.... so stop dropping reality bombs on me! I need a little self delusion to keep things interesting :)

Yes it's dumb and it won't save me any money, but the part of me that convinced myself to buy the car for free supercharging won't let me move on from that fantasy.... so stop dropping reality bombs on me! I need a little self delusion to keep things interesting :)
Came for the free Supercharging, stayed for the awesome car. :)

Reactions: CarlS

Save money with FREE supercharging + stretch legs = WIN/WIN

Seriously though, I will be sure to hold down the SARCASM button on my computer the next time I type such a post!