Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bakersfield, CA - Copus Rd. (LIVE, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It simply said in the nav. “Station unavailable”. No status. No number of users. No pricing. It was offline. I’m not sure what the one car was doing there. Might have been charging ever if it was indicating offline
Yes, just because the nav says unavailable doesn’t mean the station isn’t working. It can be “offline” but that could mean it’s not reporting to HQ which doesn’t mean the power is shut off.

It simply said in the nav. “Station unavailable”. No status. No number of users. No pricing. It was offline. I’m not sure what the one car was doing there. Might have been charging ever if it was indicating offline
I think you answered your own question :)

This one has been showing Temporary Closure or whatever else for a while now, but I know quite a few people who have been able to charge there anyway.

So no posts about this location since last May. On the tesla.com Find Us page the icon for this Supercharger is shown but when I try to select it nothing happens, no window appears showing information. So I assume this station is still closed. Maybe related to the flooding in the Kern Lake area? I won’t be driving through there until mid-November but thought someone might know what the status is.

IMG_0027.jpeg

So no posts about this location since last May. On the tesla.com Find Us page the icon for this Supercharger is shown but when I try to select it nothing happens, no window appears showing information. So I assume this station is still closed. Maybe related to the flooding in the Kern Lake area? I won’t be driving through there until mid-November but thought someone might know what the status is.

View attachment 963985

I’m planning a trip to SoCal this fall and this site showed up in the ABRP trip planner. Glad I found this thread so I have a backup planView attachment 964344
Shows as live in the app with 1 car charging there now. I would rely more on the App than ABRP or the awful website.
1691869654359.png

Ok if all you want to do is charge. As of 8/13/23 there are only the porta potties and gravel. I spoke to the "security" person and he told me he thought construction would resume on 8/14/23. I was the only Tesla using the superchargers and I received the full amp benefit. Very easy on-off the I-5 and quick and easy access from CA 166 via River Road if heading north or east toward Mojave.

Reactions: cindysue
This place needs a paved lot. I was routed here about six months ago, and it was disgusting and dirty and dust was blowing everywhere.
Dust or no electrons? Sure it would be nice but better to be able to charge than not.

Now that you’ve been, you can avoid and use other chargers in the area when possible. But when it’s busy, this might be you’re only shot.

Reactions: Dave EV
This is a very strange location as it shows up on the find us Tesla map, but you can’t tap it. Is this going to be an in-service location or a temporary one? I was routed here once a long time ago and found it odd that there was so much dust. This is before it was paved still find it odd that it’s sort of there and not there at the same time.

This is a very strange location as it shows up on the find us Tesla map, but you can’t tap it. Is this going to be an in-service location or a temporary one? I was routed here once a long time ago and found it odd that there was so much dust. This is before it was paved still find it odd that it’s sort of there and not there at the same time.
It’s there as overflow for busy weekends and holidays and will make more sense when the full travel center is built out (if it ever is).

I am at this charger right now. It was showing a closure so i was aiming for tejon pass at 1% just in case. It is working. Getting max charge curve. There is construction going on for the shell gas station and 2 porta potties for the workers. That’s it. The chargers appear to be working normally but this site would be total havoc if it were full of cars charging and only two porta potties

Reactions: jboy210
I am at this charger right now. It was showing a closure so i was aiming for tejon pass at 1% just in case. It is working. Getting max charge curve. There is construction going on for the shell gas station and 2 porta potties for the workers. That’s it. The chargers appear to be working normally but this site would be total havoc if it were full of cars charging and only two porta potties
This site was disgusting when it wasn't paved and packed with cars.... people and kids running all over and going to the toilet.... Very unsafe and dusty. I was routesd there a LONG time ago the beginning of the year... I don't know why this just doesnt become a normal supercharger location now that the lot is paved.

Reactions: golfpilot