Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Channelview, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supercharger - [I-10 @ 94.9W], TX

Have you hit Lake Charles yet or are you still fretting about not spending 6 hours at the Mickey Ds?

Mike

LOL! Been sticking close to home because my son is getting married in two days. Interstate travel can resume after we wave bye to the couple...
Maybe I can get some more recon photos around 94.9 if I get out with enough daylight left.

I just submitted the little property (see recent pic of demolition) that was an IHOP and now a cleared rectangular strip on 146.
It's just begging to become an easy lease property for that owner! I don't know what else he could do with it... So small, the address even ends in "1/2"

Meanwhile, nothing new in Baytown meetings or hearings.

Rick

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. Submitted the Springhills Suites location. We'll see if anything comes of it.
Robin, did you talk to the Springhill owner or manager also? (I'll be happy to provide test drives until your PD comes in!)

- - - Updated - - -

I still think Winnie makes a lot of sense... I may head over by there if I decide to pick up a burger in Lake Charles this weekend. :wink:

Columbus to Winnie: 132.6 miles
Winnie to Lake Charles: 83.5 miles

Makes it a better, more midway, point than Beaumont which is too far from Columbus. It certainly meets Cottonwood's 133 Mile "limit!"

Last edited:
There appears to be another SC just west of Houston (Katy?). This will certainly make the trip over to Lake Charles easy for an 85, but a 60 would probably have to drive 55mph on I-10 to get there at ~170 miles. So, looks like we'll still need a stop at the Houston Galleria for a top off.

Here are enlargements of the area from the 2015 and 2016 maps:

TX-LA-2015.jpg

TX-LA-2016.jpg

You're right. However, it does look like they added something east of Columbus closer to the West side of Houston doesn't it?
I was zoom Zoom ZOOMing that map for all I'm worth!
The "Near West" location looks to my fallible eye as not Katy, but the first part of a southbound I-69 branch, also known as TX-59 or to us locals as the Southwest Freeway:
Richmond - Victoria - Corpus Christi - Harlingen.
South of San Antonio, it looks like Devine, [I-37 @ TX-281], Corpus.

There appears to be another SC just west of Houston (Katy?). This will certainly make the trip over to Lake Charles easy for an 85, but a 60 would probably have to drive 55mph on I-10 to get there at ~170 miles. So, looks like we'll still need a stop at the Houston Galleria for a top off.
It's not on I-10, but south of Katy... Looks to be on the lil' fragment of 59 that shows on maps at that scale. Sugar Land, or more likely Richmond/Rosenberg. Which indicates it's not intended to help with I-10 travel...

I ain't giving up on Baytown... I will rarely need it, but it's pretty important for I-10 E/W throughput.

OMWV (Our Mileage WILL Vary),
Rick

Last edited:
Response

I just submitted the little property (see recent pic of demolition) that was an IHOP and now a cleared rectangular strip on 146.

I had used the email address to submit. Supercharger Team has responded asking me to use the Form, which I had not used because I am neither the Property Owner, nor an Influential Citizen. But it goes directly to the Site Developers... so I'm willing to impersonate a person of influence for the cause!

Did you know that they use precise energy modeling to determine areas that are candidates? :tongue:

Rick

I had used the email address to submit. Supercharger Team has responded asking me to use the Form, which I had not used because I am neither the Property Owner, nor an Influential Citizen. But it goes directly to the Site Developers... so I'm willing to impersonate a person of influence for the cause!

Did you know that they use precise energy modeling to determine areas that are candidates? :tongue:

Rick
Yeah, I almost replied that I would like to see the energy model that gets cars heading east on I-10 from Austin or San Antonio from the Columbus supercharger to the string of superchargers that starts in Lake Charles.

Rick
When I filled out the form for the Garth Road location I declared myself to be an Influential Citizen. I can be very persuasive. (he he)

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
After finding this thread, I have filled, as several of you have, the "Influential Citizen" form to Tesla. I took a post Christmas round-trip from San Antonio to Baton Rouge in our MS(85). Cold weather, headwinds and traffic mandated recharge in the Huston Galleria. That difficult to get to, embarassingly poorly equipped and very slow charging garage corner is absolutely inadequate as an I-10 recharge facility. It reflects very poorly on an otherwise exemplary Tesla operation. Given that the 2016 map doesn't indicate any relief, I think all of us should try to periodically voice our concerns, so we're not forgotten. The 'Texas island' remains as a practical reality. XGAS