Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Channelview, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great idea for the permanent service center (whether there at Westchase or elsewhere. It could be said that they've already outgrown the Westchase location).
I haven't lost a childlike hope that Santa Tesla (would that be St. Nic?) will put a stealth Channelview or Mont Belvieu Supercharger in my stocking. And a stealth Webster site under the tree...
Dear Santa Tesla, this kid is delighted. Texas has been getting so many goodies! If you want to drop some on Webster, we will leave you some awesome cookies...

Breakfast buffet from 6:00 AM to 9 AM.

Four SC Cabinets but I see additional conduit in place - for expansion?

IMG_4507.JPG

According to the info provided by Tesla themselves, this is supposed to be a 8-station SpC, so maybe they decided to pull back to four during construction and just leave the capability to expand at a future date. It could also be the case that the property owners decided that they didn't want to commit that many parking spaces at this time. It's definitely not one of the more "chock full o' amenities" locations, but fast juice is fast juice.

Hmm. . . No one has had occasion to comment here in over a year.

I guess the site must be working fine all that time.
I charged up at Channelview Supercharger today. One other Tesla was there. It is working just fine. The people in the Holiday Inn Express are very nice to Tesla drivers. It has a spaceous, quiet lobby in which to sit and look at your phone for 30 or 40 minutes.
Speaking of nice, I remember the last time I charged here, abouit a year ago, the young lady in the bar and grill brought me a coffee. It was a nice gesture on her part.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I stayed there last week. They sent me the usual customer survey, which I filled out and made sure that they knew that I stayed there because of the Supercharger in their back yard. Also, the hot tub is not hot.

The front desk checkin folks were new and didn't seem to know how to set me up with a room, never mind what a Supercharger was. The morning checkout lady seemed a little more on top of things but the Supercharger was something from a different planet than hers.

It's actually a Holiday Inn, not a Holiday Inn Express. HIE gives you a free but "worth twice the price" breakfast. HI will sell you an overpriced mediocre breakfast. We ate breakfast at Jack In The Box down the street.

The bar is nice.

Because that stretch of I-10 I thought "too industrial" and "too few food amenities" to match a good all-around SC site. I never even pulled in to that Holiday Inn, honestly...

Agreed.

This is without a doubt the oddest supercharger to get to.

I just did a 6,000 mile road trip from Charlotte to LA, out I-10 and back I-40. Stopped at over 50 superchargers (didn't have to, just wanted to say I'd hit them all).

As others on the thread have mentioned, you have to get off the interstate way early. Because I got there after dark, I missed the only hotel driveway, and what I thought would be a second driveway was just a closed gate to something else. Had to do a 3-point turn and go the wrong way back up the one-way street for a hundred feet or so.

Maybe I'm just a soft, spoiled late adopter, but to all you pioneers who were just happy when this site opened, Tesla needs to start making superchargers more like convenience stores, or put them at existing convenience stores. If you're going to stay at a hotel anyway, all you need is a Destination Charger, or any old J1772 charger really.