Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bishop, CA (LIVE 18 Nov 2020, 12 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aw I was hoping it would be at Schats lol ;D 0.6 mile / 11 minute walk isn't bad though.
I like to get it n and out of Schat’s as quickly as possible.
I always buy the pre-made sandwiches there, as the line is often too ridiculous to justify a custom one. The Mule Kick is my fav. So, that plus a couple of loaves of bread and I’ll have about a 25 minute charge.

• Funny
Reactions: Doug Martoccia
I like to get it n and out of Schat’s as quickly as possible.
I always buy the pre-made sandwiches there, as the line is often too ridiculous to justify a custom one. The Mule Kick is my fav. So, that plus a couple of loaves of bread and I’ll have about a 25 minute charge.
The walk to Schats will do you good (and give you more time to charge).

Aw I was hoping it would be at Schats lol ;D 0.6 mile / 11 minute walk isn't bad though.
Feel like that's gonna be a bit longer than 11 mins, always felt like a longer walk from Line st to Schats. There's also great basin bakery a block away from the supercharger that is very very good too! They've been kinda a local favorite and I'm happy to see them hopefully getting even more business with the new charger so close.

• Informative
Reactions: abasile and mspohr
Here is the latest update as of this morning, directly from the planning department:
"The City has approved the plans and the permit is ready to be issued. The plan check portion of the permit was paid in May. They hope to have a contractor for the project sometime in June. Once they have a contractor, I’d hope we’d have a better time frame for the project."

I was just analyzing the data, and thinking that I could probably make Bishop from West LA if I had a new 400 RM Model S. EVTripPlanner says at 1.2 I would need around 360 RM. That would be a serious game changer. As much as I love my Model S, I find supercharging slows me down a lot, especially on this route when I just want to get there in my usual 4.5 hours. With Bishop, I could charge for just 20 minutes and easily make the hill. Heck, with a 400 range car, I may be able to make it all the way home from Mammoth!

Isn't anybody heading up this way? I would like to see if anything has started. I will not email and bother the planning people anymore; they heard enough from me!

BTW, the backpacking outside of Sabrina Lake was magnificent. Lots of lakes and waterfalls to camp near.

I was up there 2 weeks ago or so. They had some construction stuff there but hadn't started yet.

Attachments

• 20200802_102457.jpg
    20200802_102457.jpg
    604.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 20200802_102501.jpg
    20200802_102501.jpg
    646.3 KB · Views: 80