Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Blaine, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so someone has to go and put stickers on the pedestals and turn on the switch. Any idea how long on average that takes?
Tesla still hasn't got anything on their supercharger webpage regarding this site :)

View attachment 461999

haha... Takes a bit more than stickers and flipping the main breaker.

A Tesla Commissioning Rep can usually be out there within a day of the site being ready for commissioning (assuming it was scheduled in advance) and have it commissined with 4-6 hours assuming no issues.

Commissioning consist of checking all electrical connections, torques, software updates to the Supercharger cabinets, testing each charge post and yes your favorite installation of the stickers.

so someone has to go and put stickers on the pedestals and turn on the switch. Any idea how long on average that takes?
Tesla still hasn't got anything on their supercharger webpage regarding this site :)

Correct. There's a whole process that they do. I had a nice conversation with one of the SC Techs in Florida earlier this year and he explained quite a few of the details...well as many as he was willing to share. I'm sure he got many of the same questions all the time and was comfortable giving me the public information, but he was certainly careful with what he said.

Anyway, they test out the site and ensure that everything is working correctly and they label the pedestals (which is important for locations where the chargers are paired together). The pattern for how they install the pairs has not always been consistent across the country (in my experience) so that's an important step.

The chargers can actually be powered on and working for several days before they pop up on the Tesla website or in the car nav, and it's not uncommon for Tesla to build an entire site that was never on the website as "coming soon."

As for the age old question...only Tesla knows the answer to that one... It's up to the schedule of the SC Tech and how long it takes him to get to the site and turn it on. But...with the pedestals in place you're certainly getting closer.

Correct. There's a whole process that they do. I had a nice conversation with one of the SC Techs in Florida earlier this year and he explained quite a few of the details...well as many as he was willing to share. I'm sure he got many of the same questions all the time and was comfortable giving me the public information, but he was certainly careful with what he said.

Anyway, they test out the site and ensure that everything is working correctly and they label the pedestals (which is important for locations where the chargers are paired together). The pattern for how they install the pairs has not always been consistent across the country (in my experience) so that's an important step.

The chargers can actually be powered on and working for several days before they pop up on the Tesla website or in the car nav, and it's not uncommon for Tesla to build an entire site that was never on the website as "coming soon."

As for the age old question...only Tesla knows the answer to that one... It's up to the schedule of the SC Tech and how long it takes him to get to the site and turn it on. But...with the pedestals in place you're certainly getting closer.

Usually live the day of commissioning if it is done correctly but it takes a few days for the UI to be updated by HQ and become live in the vehicle UIs.

No joy yet! Well founded rumors st the mall is that commissioning will be this Thursday some time.

Attachments

• CEE620E7-8522-4DB0-8E76-94907E5B2C91.jpeg
    CEE620E7-8522-4DB0-8E76-94907E5B2C91.jpeg
    441.5 KB · Views: 94
Border Patrol: What is the purpose of your visit?
Poobearcretu: Check on a electric car charger.
Border Patrol: Please pull over for a secondary inspection.

Yeah, I have had some pretty interesting conversations going across. They grill me pretty good at the Sumas crossing, and they can't believe that I would actually drive from Kamloops to Blaine to pick up a $40 package. They seen to imply I have some other "less than legal" reasons to go across. I explain I save $30 in duties, it costs me zero dollars in gas to get it, and my wife and I would probably be driving somewhere else on the weekend anyway, so why not go across the border and visit Woods coffee?

Seriously, do they not want me to shop in their country?

They don't get it. It is not a chore, it is a pleasure to drive 8 hours in this car.

Yeah, I have had some pretty interesting conversations going across. They grill me pretty good at the Sumas crossing, and they can't believe that I would actually drive from Kamloops to Blaine to pick up a $40 package. They seen to imply I have some other "less than legal" reasons to go across. I explain I save $30 in duties, it costs me zero dollars in gas to get it, and my wife and I would probably be driving somewhere else on the weekend anyway, so why not go across the border and visit Woods coffee?

Seriously, do they not want me to shop in their country?

They don't get it. It is not a chore, it is a pleasure to drive 8 hours in this car.

Well.... I do see their point....