Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bothell, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really excited this is progressing so fast. I live in Renton, work in Bothell, so there is no convenient supercharger for me. I also live in an apartment and can't charge there. Work let's me use a 120volt outlet, but that glacially slow. This will be a regular charging/lunch stop for me !!! Do we know if these will be 72kwh or 150?

They'll be 72kW urban chargers. Both good and bad.... bad in that they're a bit slower, but good in that it's dedicated power to each charger, so if you know you need to charge 30 minutes every four days or something it'll always be basically 30 minutes (pending high state of charge or super cold battery) and won't leave you having to spend twice as much time because a couple other cars pulled in next to you...

Some minor activity in Bothell. They now have the stalls taped off. They have roped off 11 spaces so 10 superchargers? Do they ever install an odd number?

They are on the far corner of the upper garage, directly behind where the upgraded transformer will be.
View attachment 494906

Awww... Tom you beat me too it... Stalls 44 through 54 but they may have also roped off more just for added work area or they may be including some level 2 chargers as well. Additional photos below.
541DF0D9-228A-4049-BD56-2AB21F5BF8CC.jpeg
91196455-34B4-4DF2-BFD0-6DA8A9D5C641.jpeg
7F9EBBA1-BE6F-4B64-B932-4C1C3B7A3B5E.jpeg

Awww... Tom you beat me too it... Stalls 44 through 54 but they may have also roped off more just for added work area or they may be including some level 2 chargers as well. Additional photos below.View attachment 495028View attachment 495029
View attachment 495030

You’ve got to be faster!

/Rant
I actually hope they are all Superchargers useful for Teslas only. I get that there are other electric cars now, but being honest, their manufacturers suck at installing the MOST NECESSARY piece of equipment to make their cars true replacements for ICE vehicles - nationwide chargers.

The non-Tesla charging network - even Electrify America - is legitimately awful and I’m tired of pretending it’s not. Tesla, for all my complaints about them, is the only one doing it right and I refuse to pretend Nissans or Jaguars are useful beyond around-town errands.

Put the fatality on them, Tesla, keep building this network, and bury these dinosaurs.
/Rant Over!!!

You’ve got to be faster!

/Rant
I actually hope they are all Superchargers useful for Teslas only. I get that there are other electric cars now, but being honest, their manufacturers suck at installing the MOST NECESSARY piece of equipment to make their cars true replacements for ICE vehicles - nationwide chargers.

The non-Tesla charging network - even Electrify America - is legitimately awful and I’m tired of pretending it’s not. Tesla, for all my complaints about them, is the only one doing it right and I refuse to pretend Nissans or Jaguars are useful beyond around-town errands.

Put the fatality on them, Tesla, keep building this network, and bury these dinosaurs.
/Rant Over!!!
Tesla level 2 can be destination chargers though (high powered wall chargers) which only fit Tesla cars.

SOMETIMES Tesla will install a couple with J1772 generic level 2 plugs, but I think that’s mostly to get deals done with business owners or cities.

Tesla level 2 can be destination chargers though (high powered wall chargers) which only fit Tesla cars.

SOMETIMES Tesla will install a couple with J1772 generic level 2 plugs, but I think that’s mostly to get deals done with business owners or cities.

I'd love to get a HPWC with a j1772 handle so I could daisy chain with a normal one and share my single 50A circuit with two chargers. I have two EVs, one Tesla, one not, so I'm pretty much guaranteed to have to deal with an adapter of some sort.

i work in the North Creek Parkway business complex, this is less than a mile from me, so going to be super helpful! i will try my best to check on the status of this install, i'm a 2 week old tesla owner, so bear with me, i'm not exactly sure what to look for when it comes to new installations.

Welcome to the Tesla community. A little tip from one North Creek Parkway complex employee to another, there is free charging in the back of the Puget Sound Energy building at the corner of North Creek Parkway N and 120th Ave NE. You need a ChargePoint account but there's not cost to it. I typically get 21 miles of range per hour. There are 4 stalls which are usually all filled up in the morning but after about 2PM there is usually a spot or two open.

• Informative
Reactions: MikeBur
Welcome to the Tesla community. A little tip from one North Creek Parkway complex employee to another, there is free charging in the back of the Puget Sound Energy building at the corner of North Creek Parkway N and 120th Ave NE. You need a ChargePoint account but there's not cost to it. I typically get 21 miles of range per hour. There are 4 stalls which are usually all filled up in the morning but after about 2PM there is usually a spot or two open.
Wow, that's very nice of you to tell me. I work on North Creek parkway s, so a bit far to charge and walk back and forth. I looked at the chargepoint map and the station you detailed doesn't show up. There is another chargepoint station right across the street that also doesn't show up, do you know why that is? I assumed since it wasn't on the map it was for employees of the business, and I haven't gone over to ask.

Any help is appreciated!