Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Boulder, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I stopped by Boulder tonight and a Tesla employee was test charging at each stall. He said their final inspection is tomorrow and it will be turned on and live tomorrow! Enjoy! (He's headed to Wheatland, WY later tonight to do the same, in case anyone's headed that way over the weekend).
Funny that the supercharger is opening just in time for Bolder Boulder when it will be nearly impossible to access due to road closures.
Saw that black Tesla with frunk open when I drove by last night. Was that the test charge? Cones were still there this morning.

You'll be visiting Estes Park, of course. I'll be in Boulder some time after noon, doing a hike in the morning. Give me a call if you need a lunch companion. Or a place to crash.

Thanks, Ed. I’m racing to get back for a graduation tomorrow. Won’t be to Boulder before 9 pm and don’t really have any time built in but to sleep during charges and drive. I may be back this summer though if electricity is still being tweaked.

Rumor has it that Applewood Village is on the list as well, so hopefully we'll be seeing some progress on that location soon.
While that might be helpful, even better (for me) would be the Supercharger Station planned for Conifer in 2019. Boulder to Conifer to Poncha Springs would each take a smaller, quicker charge. Boulder to Poncha Springs in my S60, total range 186 RM, would take a 90% charge to have a reasonable buffer.

Still waiting for city validation as of this morning (5/29). There was a guy from Tesla there this morning who said that the city had a window between 10:30 and noon to hopefully give approval to flip the switch. He didn’t want to promise anything, but it sounded very likely that the supercharger would be open this week, if not later today. Apparently, the problem on Friday was that the fencing company took the permits with them when they removed the fencing from the site last week. The city refused to validate without the required construction permits.