Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Boulder, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like it was just bad verbiage; the development review cases show that it is planned to be a modified island, as MorrisonHiker previously mentioned. Note that both of these are closed, which I am assuming means they are approved.

View attachment 270582

Ah, very good, that makes sense and fits MH's info. Very very cool! Can't wait to see some construction going! Thanks again!!

I just did a look at the Monthly dump of Boulder construction permits. The permit for 10 stations was submitted on the 4th of January. While lots of other permits were approved, it looks like it hasn't been approved yet. Here's the data.

CASE NUMBER PMT2018-00033
ADDRESS 1805 29TH ST
ASSESSOR ID 604206
CASE STATUS DEN
CATEGORY NonResidential
BUILING USES AND WORK SCOPES Commercial/Retail, Existing
PERMIT TYPES Electrical, Sitework
TOTAL PROJECT VALUE 0
TOTAL SUBPERMIT VALUE 160000
APPLIED 1/4/18
APPROVED
ISSUED
CO DATE
COMPLETION DATE
NEW RES UNIT
EXISTING RES UNIT
AFFORDABLE HSG UNIT
NEW SF
REMODEL SF
NARRATIVE DESCRIPTION Permit for the installation of ten (10) electric vehicle charging stations in the parking area near 1805 29th Street. The scope will include five (5) supercharging Cabinets, one (1) switchgear assembly, one (1) utility transformer, and three (3) pedestrian light fixtures. Scope associated with Minor Modification ADR2017-00217.
PRIMARY FIRST NAME SARAH
PRIMARY LAST NAME VARRECCHIA
PRIMARY COMPANY TESLA
CONTRACTOR FIRST NAME
CONTRACTOR LAST NAME
CONTRACTOR COMPANY
OWNER1 FIRST NAME TWENTY
OWNER1 LAST NAME MACERICH

Nice work!! In checking the permit status, it says a letter has been mailed to the applicant. Here is that letter:

27FD659C-EF25-43AE-819D-A8A86C1A7D00.png

If I read that correctly, there’s no real issue, they simply want a complete list of all changes.

Hopefully a quick fix!

Thanks again!!

• Informative
Reactions: pf-flyer and Chuq
I cruised the parking lot yesterday. I noticed a row in the underground section that already has several J1772 and fast charger cabinets at one end. There seems to be enough parking slots left in the row to put 10 or 12 Tesla stations. Just seems sensible. (Granted, "just seems sensible" appears no longer to be an adequate reason for doing something.)

Reactions: ThisIsTrue
Since I live in Boulder, the chargers aren't as interesting to me. I thought we were going to get a service center. There was something about it on the website for a while. The fancy new one in Littleton is like an hour away. Anyone hear anything about that?

This is pure speculation on my part, but what about this?
Wow. I don't believe there are a lot of companies that need an "Electric Vehicle Sales and Service Building" aside from Tesla. That would be very convenient.

The location looks like it would be on page 2 of this doc: Block 4, lot 1. http://superiorcolorado.gov/home/showdocument?id=8090

The whole area hasn't been fully built out yet, so it would take a while before the buildings appear.

Last edited:
Wow. I don't believe there are a lot of companies that need an "Electric Vehicle Sales and Service Building" aside from Tesla. That would be very convenient.

The location looks like it would be on page 2 of this doc: Block 4, lot 1. http://superiorcolorado.gov/home/showdocument?id=8090

The whole area hasn't been fully built out yet, so it would take a while before the buildings appear.

More project plans have been posted here (in particular the project narrative). Still doesn't say who the tenant is, but it looks familiar...