Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brandon, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for your insightful remarks. Unfortunately, we are driving this discussion off-topic and hopefully a moderator will relocate our remarks.

Rule of thumb - it takes 3 posts to divert a thread off-topic. ;-) Plenty of places to discuss supercharger speeds though....please pick anyone of them to continue that discussion.

Any news of a Tampa ribbon cutting? I've missed all the FL ones to date :redface:

Rule of thumb - it takes 3 posts to divert a thread off-topic. ;-) Plenty of places to discuss supercharger speeds though....please pick anyone of them to continue that discussion.

Any news of a Tampa ribbon cutting? I've missed all the FL ones to date :redface:
Hi Nigel,

Thanks.

Regarding the Brandon ribbon cutting ceremony, Tesla informs me that it will likely be part of a series of ceremonies taking place in the same week following the opening of a north - south Supercharger route. No dates have been given, but I'm guessing that this will be at the end of October or early November.

Larry

Regarding the Brandon ribbon cutting ceremony, Tesla informs me that it will likely be part of a series of ceremonies taking place in the same week following the opening of a north - south Supercharger route. No dates have been given, but I'm guessing that this will be at the end of October or early November.

The Atlanta thread has some rumors that construction is starting there tomorrow, 9/29: Atlanta Supercharger - Page 7. Atlanta and Ocala would complete a nice section of I-75, N-S.

I-75.jpg

A few more Superchargers on to the north and Mid-Westerners could drive their Teslas to Florida this winter...

Mid-West.jpg

After just taking delivery of my car a couple of weeks ago I was particularly excited to stop by yesterday to try it out. I can't think of a way to overstate it... The car and the company are creating a new paradigm.

I hope to see some of you on future stops! Here's a pic from my first supercharging adventure:
View attachment 60098

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the photo and welcome to the forum.

If you are interested in joining our Florida Tesla club, please click on the link in my signature.

Larry

image.jpg

I stopped for a charge last weekend and will share some thoughts.
All things considered, I think it's a good location.
Very easy to get to from I-75, and very easy to get back onto I-75
I was headed downtown and it's very close to the crosstown expressway.
The 8 stalls are numbered left to right: 1A 2A 3A 4A 1B 2B 3B 4B,
so, when charging, the paired stalls are not adjacent to each other
I first tried to charge at 2A but got a 'cable not connected' error msg
I noticed that the 'TESLA' in red letters at the top of the charging post was not illuminated in the 2A/2B pair - see photo
so it looks like the 'TESLA' is illuminated at the top of working charging posts - I don't believe Ft. Myers has this feature.
i was able to charge at 3A successfully. I wish I had paid closer attention to the charging rate, I either peaked at 118 or 128 kW but cannot remember. I have a 'B' battery. Does anyone know if this is a 120kW or 135kW supercharger?
Was pouring rain, so I didn't cross the busy intersection for Smokey Bones. There is a Starbucks and a Tropical Smoothie real close.

After just taking delivery of my car a couple of weeks ago I was particularly excited to stop by yesterday to try it out. I can't think of a way to overstate it... The car and the company are creating a new paradigm.

I hope to see some of you on future stops! Here's a pic from my first supercharging adventure:
View attachment 60098
Nice car - looks like the twin of ours ;)

That is going to be a difficult area. There are a few public J1772 chargers on USF property and nearby, but they tend to be very busy. One thing I can tell you for sure is not to bother with the CHAdeMO at Temple Terrace city hall. It has been broken for months. Probably your best bet is to go straight down 50th street to the supercharger at the Wawa on 50th at Columbus. Just be aware that the neighborhoods are a little sketchy once you get south of Busch Blvd.

Sounds like I rather stay in Brandon since they are some charging station there. How's the commute from Brandon to USF?
Not fun. If you're looking to stay at a Marriott property near USF, there are several at Fletcher and I-75. I would stay in that area and just deal with charging as needed. Don't freak out about driving down 50th St. to Wawa. It's not that bad.