Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Branson, MO (speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems highly risky.

Make sure your tires are slightly over-inflated, and don't exceed the speed limit.

Also drive during the day.

Just watch that expected arrival percentage like a hawk, and slow down.
My tires are at 44-45 psi over the 42 recommended

I will go no more than 50 or 60 mph..... and hopefully thr mountasin home charger will be opperating however it seems unreliable so cant count on it.

Has anyone ever avtually done jonesboro to Branson in M3 RWD?

I'm sure people have done it, but I'm not sure they're looking at this thread.

Google Maps shows the most efficient route for an EV is 204 miles. My SR+ has a shorter range than your RWD, and I wouldn't have much reservation making this trip on a nice (non-rainy) day.

Screenshot_20231119-083647.jpg

If you look at PlugShare, there are J1772 and Tesla destination chargers at a Holiday Inn in West Plains, which is right on the route. Great place to stop and have lunch while you add some insurance miles to your car. PlugShare shows checkins as recently as 3 November, and comments indicate these are available to the public (not just hotel guests).

Screenshot_20231119-084016.jpg

Reactions: MikeRadio
Looks like it's about 210 miles. You should be fine if you charge to nearly full and keep it under 60 MPH. If there's a head wind, slow down and/or follow a truck.

If you get to Mountain Home and find that the charger works, no sweat for the second half of your trip. Seems unlikely to work considering it's a Bl!nk unit at a Chevy dealer. I probably wouldn't even bother.

I'm sure people have done it, but I'm not sure they're looking at this thread.

Google Maps shows the most efficient route for an EV is 204 miles. My SR+ has a shorter range than your RWD, and I wouldn't have much reservation making this trip on a nice (non-rainy) day.

View attachment 992006

If you look at PlugShare, there are J1772 and Tesla destination chargers at a Holiday Inn in West Plains, which is right on the route. Great place to stop and have lunch while you add some insurance miles to your car. PlugShare shows checkins as recently as 3 November, and comments indicate these are available to the public (not just hotel guests).

View attachment 992012
This is wonderful info.. If the Ultimate GMC Supercgarger in mountain home works I won’t have any worries.

ill try that route.

Reactions: Baluchi
Has there been any progress on the Branson Supercharger? I'm planning to go eclipse-chasing in April, picking up a friend in Branson. Coming from the NW (originating north of Denver) it looks like I could charge in Springfield MO, visit my friends in Branson (and probably juice up a bit with my Mobile Charger), go see the eclipse near Clinton AR, maybe drive south to charge at Conway AR, then probably charge at Ozark AR and Springfield MO on the way out.

BTW I see several NACS chargers in the area. Tesla.com says "NACS adapter required to charge at this Supercharger." I assume that applies to non-Tesla vehicles? Teslas can plug into NACS with no adapters, yes?

Reactions: motoolfan
Has there been any progress on the Branson Supercharger? I'm planning to go eclipse-chasing in April, picking up a friend in Branson. Coming from the NW (originating north of Denver) it looks like I could charge in Springfield MO, visit my friends in Branson (and probably juice up a bit with my Mobile Charger), go see the eclipse near Clinton AR, maybe drive south to charge at Conway AR, then probably charge at Ozark AR and Springfield MO on the way out.

BTW I see several NACS chargers in the area. Tesla.com says "NACS adapter required to charge at this Supercharger." I assume that applies to non-Tesla vehicles? Teslas can plug into NACS with no adapters, yes?
NACS adapter sites are for CCS vehicles. Currently that is only Ford, but Chevrolet and Rivian are coming very soon, and then it'll be a tsunami. Ford expects to begin shipping its NACS adapter to existing Lightning and Machp-E owners by the end of the month. The only people with adapters currently are influencers who were provided prototype adapters.

There are also locations with Magic Docks where no adapter is needed. The label for Magic Dock locations is
"Open to other EVs."

Obviously, all Supercharger sites natively support any vehicle with a NACS port, which is currently only Tesla vehicles, but that will change in 2025.

Looks like it hasn't been approved yet based on the screenshot.
Based on a conversation I'd had with someone else, it's possible this listing just showed up yesterday afternoon. I had a tip about the location and found this just before posting. They don't allow searches by title or owner so you pretty much have to know an address. Branson permitting website says commercial permit review normally takes 10 days.

Last edited:
Reactions: flutas
Based on a conversation I'd had with someone else, it's possible this listing just showed up yesterday afternoon. I had a tip about the location and found this just before posting. They don't allow searches by title or owner so you pretty much have to know an address. Branson permitting website says commercial permit review normally takes 10 days.
Hopefully it's a similar timeline to the recent Conway AR supercharger install and they'll have it up and running before late spring/summer really gets in to swing.

Will make those random Branson (well, really SDC) trips so much easier.