Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brattleboro, VT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend of mine took these pictures today. The snow has melted and the chargers have been uncrated and mounted on the pad.

Photo-0004.jpg
Photo-0003.jpg

And a panoramic view of the parking lot:
tesla and price chopper.jpg

Thanks, Pete!

Excellent news!! I wonder if (hope) this means a Portsmouth/Portland/Kittery supercharger is also already out there hiding somewhere.
I know that Tesla is in final project review for a Supercharger in central Portland, Maine.
Portsmouth/Kittery would be a great add, but when I wrote to the Supercharger team in mid-October, I got back a very generic answer (e.g. "We're working on it.")
The Hookset NH I-93 rest-stops are now confirmed (#515).

Well, progress has been made but it appears that a bit more work is needed. The cement curbing has been poured and signage installed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418440650.760541.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418440666.660328.jpg

While I don't know the equipment it seems that both the charging units and transformers(?) are in place but wiring and cabinet installation is still needed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418440796.221007.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418440811.904237.jpg

Perhaps a few more weeks to go?

Arrived at the location about 9:15 and everything was closed with the exception of Price Chopper. Brueger's Bagels closes at 5pm so couldn't stock up for the weekend.

Well, progress has been made but it appears that a bit more work is needed. The cement curbing has been poured and signage installed.

While I don't know the equipment it seems that both the charging units and transformers(?) are in place but wiring and cabinet installation is still needed.

Perhaps a few more weeks to go?

Arrived at the location about 9:15 and everything was closed with the exception of Price Chopper. Brueger's Bagels closes at 5pm so couldn't stock up for the weekend.

Those white cabinets are the Supercharger Cabinets and the large green cabinet is the Distribution Center. The Utility Transformer will go outside of that Equipment Enclosure. In the third picture, the Transformer will probably go to the left or behind the Equipment Enclosure.

This site is almost done, and opening will now mostly be determined by the local inspectors and the utility.

Thanks for the pictures and good luck on this site opening soon!

After driving up to VT in my ICE Pathfinder Friday night, I confirmed that the roads were clear despite the 18" of snow reported at Mount Snow during the week. So on Saturday when something came up that required me to drive to CT and back I decided I could no longer wait to bring the Tesla to VT.

About an hour from the CT home while driving in my ICE Pathfinder, I got on the Tesla app and changed the charging % from 90% to 100%. I got home, took care of some things and hopped into the Tesla which now had 267 rated miles.

The trip to Wilmington, VT from my home in Sandy Hook, CT is 153 miles. While I was not concerned about getting there, I was curious to see how my mileage would work as I began to increase elevation and temperatures dropped. Driving between 65-75mph during the trip up I was averaging about 375wh/mi and reached exit 2 in VT (Supercharger is Exit 1 but I take Rte 9N to Wilmington) with 102 Rated miles and 20 actual miles to go.

While I knew the impact of elevation climb would deteriorate the milage, I reached my home with 72 rated miles to go. So I used 30 Rated miles to go 20 actual miles. I didn't clear the trip information but I think this implied my last 20 miles was approximately 450 wh/mi. Not as bad as I expected.

Needless to say, I needed to charge the car for the return home on Sunday. Fortunately, I had already spec'd the house and provisioned supplies so that installation of an exterior rated NEMA 14-50 outlet was quickly completed albeit in darker conditions than I intended.

So while I am thrilled that the Brattleboro Supercharge station appears to be nearing completion and ready to go on-line, if anyone needs a charge in a pinch while near Mount Snow just send me a PM.

My Model S 85 handled the trip flawlessly. Now I just need to get those snowtires (sure wish the S85D was available when I purchased in June, 2014) purchased and I'll be good to go for ski the season and I can leave the ICE pathfinder in the garage in CT. I sure wish Tesla service center offered the Michelin X-ICE Xi3 tires so I could order directly from them. It would be so much more convenient. They won't install anything other than the Pirelli's according to my Service Advisor.

After driving up to VT in my ICE Pathfinder Friday night, I confirmed that the roads were clear despite the 18" of snow reported at Mount Snow during the week. So on Saturday when something came up that required me to drive to CT and back I decided I could no longer wait to bring the Tesla to VT.

About an hour from the CT home while driving in my ICE Pathfinder, I got on the Tesla app and changed the charging % from 90% to 100%. I got home, took care of some things and hopped into the Tesla which now had 267 rated miles.

The trip to Wilmington, VT from my home in Sandy Hook, CT is 153 miles. While I was not concerned about getting there, I was curious to see how my mileage would work as I began to increase elevation and temperatures dropped. Driving between 65-75mph during the trip up I was averaging about 375wh/mi and reached exit 2 in VT (Supercharger is Exit 1 but I take Rte 9N to Wilmington) with 102 Rated miles and 20 actual miles to go.

While I knew the impact of elevation climb would deteriorate the milage, I reached my home with 72 rated miles to go. So I used 30 Rated miles to go 20 actual miles. I didn't clear the trip information but I think this implied my last 20 miles was approximately 450 wh/mi. Not as bad as I expected.

Needless to say, I needed to charge the car for the return home on Sunday. Fortunately, I had already spec'd the house and provisioned supplies so that installation of an exterior rated NEMA 14-50 outlet was quickly completed albeit in darker conditions than I intended.

So while I am thrilled that the Brattleboro Supercharge station appears to be nearing completion and ready to go on-line, if anyone needs a charge in a pinch while near Mount Snow just send me a PM.

My Model S 85 handled the trip flawlessly. Now I just need to get those snowtires (sure wish the S85D was available when I purchased in June, 2014) purchased and I'll be good to go for ski the season and I can leave the ICE pathfinder in the garage in CT. I sure wish Tesla service center offered the Michelin X-ICE Xi3 tires so I could order directly from them. It would be so much more convenient. They won't install anything other than the Pirelli's according to my Service Advisor.

Thanks for the detailed information on the drive; my girls and I will be headed up there at some point and would prefer to have the Brattleboro SC in place so I don't have to rely on destination 120V charging at whatever condo I end up at.

Regarding tires, I ordered the Michelins from Tire Rack and had them shipped to Precision Brakes in Branchville who are "authorized" Tire Rack installers ... not that it really matters. I had them install the tires on some OEM take off 19" wheels I got from eBay but I'm sure they'd be happy to swap out the tires on your existing wheels. They did a fine job.

An alternative is to purchase both wheels and tires from Tire Rack and have them mounted and balanced before shipping. The Xi3s are still in stock, you can place your order today :)

I confirmed that the roads were clear despite the 18" of snow reported at Mount Snow during the week.
We used to talk about the "ski area ruler", as in, an inch at a ski area is equal to about 1/2" - 3/4" in the real world. I have a house in Sunapee, and I swear the ski area reports 25%-50% more snow than falls in my yard. :smile:

For anyone with dual chargers, PlugShare reports 2 CS-100's in the Flat Street Parking Garage in Brattleboro (although those will become less necessary when the SC opens). No personal experience with them, though.

A warning on the snow tires - I found my wH/Mile went way up with the snows on; and not just because of the temperature drop. It was similar weather before and after, and this is the third winter I've noticed this.

I'm also jealous of your drive! My run from Weston to Stratton is 181 miles, which can push it in the arctic blast weekends!

For those that need it, PM me if you are desperate at Stratton. I have a 14-30 in my garage.

Thanks for the detailed information on the drive; my girls and I will be headed up there at some point and would prefer to have the Brattleboro SC in place so I don't have to rely on destination 120V charging at whatever condo I end up at.

John - I don't think it will be long before Brattleboro will be up and running as long as the utility doesn't take the Massachusetts approach to approvals :D. Just PM me and we can work out some shuttling so you charge while you ski if need be. I am only 5 minutes from Mount Snow or Haystack. Happy to help when I am up there.

Ordered Michelin X-Ice Xi3 tires from TireRack.com today. I am having them shipped to the Milford Service Center. I discussed installation further and I just need to sign a waiver that relieves Tesla from an damage created directly from the tire. (never had damaged caused by a tire before.) I am having them installed on Tesla rims so I have a dedicated Winter and Summer set. This will also allow me to do my own tire rotations. I enjoy working on cars, boats, electrical, plumbing, whatever.

A warning on the snow tires - I found my wH/Mile went way up with the snows on; and not just because of the temperature drop. It was similar weather before and after, and this is the third winter I've noticed this.

Thanks for the heads up about the impact from winter tires Mike. I figure with West Hartford up and running and Brattleboro coming online soon and eventually West Springfield, range should not be an issue. Tesla has done a great job building out the network.

What are your Summer and Winter tires? The Nokian Hakka R2 and Michelin Xice-I3 are popular Winter tires that are considered low rolling resistance, so consumption shouldn't go way up with them.

MT Snow Trip

Hi All, I am planning my second trip to Mt Snow this Feb 19 and want to drive my MS60 from NJ. Last year I couldn't try it given range and had to take my wife's ice suv, but now with Albany supercharger up and Brattleboro coming soon I'm thinking I could make it work. Appreciate any experienced suggestions if this will work with a family of four. Im going with my 2 kids and don't want to risk running out of juice. Can a rated range of 190-195 be ok from Albany to Mt Snow? And would I have enough to make to Brattlesboro and back to Mt Snow and then Albany? It's 156 miles from my house to Albany and 63 miles to mt snow and 30 miles to Brattleboro. Also Im Riding on 20" hankook all seasons, but thinking of getting snows for my 19" stock wheels for the trip. Thx!

John - I don't think it will be long before Brattleboro will be up and running as long as the utility doesn't take the Massachusetts approach to approvals :D. Just PM me and we can work out some shuttling so you charge while you ski if need be. I am only 5 minutes from Mount Snow or Haystack. Happy to help when I am up there.

Ordered Michelin X-Ice Xi3 tires from TireRack.com today. I am having them shipped to the Milford Service Center. I discussed installation further and I just need to sign a waiver that relieves Tesla from an damage created directly from the tire. (never had damaged caused by a tire before.) I am having them installed on Tesla rims so I have a dedicated Winter and Summer set. This will also allow me to do my own tire rotations. I enjoy working on cars, boats, electrical, plumbing, whatever.

Thanks for the heads up about the impact from winter tires Mike. I figure with West Hartford up and running and Brattleboro coming online soon and eventually West Springfield, range should not be an issue. Tesla has done a great job building out the network.

Hi All, I am planning my second trip to Mt Snow this Feb 19 and want to drive my MS60 from NJ. Last year I couldn't try it given range and had to take my wife's ice suv, but now with Albany supercharger up and Brattleboro coming soon I'm thinking I could make it work. Appreciate any experienced suggestions if this will work with a family of four. Im going with my 2 kids and don't want to risk running out of juice. Can a rated range of 190-195 be ok from Albany to Mt Snow? And would I have enough to make to Brattlesboro and back to Mt Snow and then Albany? It's 156 miles from my house to Albany and 63 miles to mt snow and 30 miles to Brattleboro. Also Im Riding on 20" hankook all seasons, but thinking of getting snows for my 19" stock wheels for the trip. Thx!

What about traveling through W. Hartford, CT? It is about 100 miles to Mt. Snow from there.

/Ed

If destination charging isn't available for you at Mt Snow, you can simply go home down 91. You'll have Brattleboro, W Hartford and, depending on need and preferred route, either the Greenwich or Darien chargers. Better than the detour to Brattleboro and back I would think.

Update: When I get distracted I should really refresh the page before starting to reply :tongue:

Are there any public chargers closer to Mt Snow? Does anyone know where I can charge in the Mt Snow Area? I think if I had a charge there I would be good to go. If I drive from paramus new superahrger to Albany I won't have a problem. It's only 137 miles. So the only concern is getting back to Albany from Mt Snow and the roads. Any experiences handling those snowy roads with all seasons?

If destination charging isn't available for you at Mt Snow, you can simply go home down 91. You'll have Brattleboro, W Hartford and, depending on need and preferred route, either the Greenwich or Darien chargers. Better than the detour to Brattleboro and back I would think.

Update: When I get distracted I should really refresh the page before starting to reply :tongue:

The Mount Snow Grand Summit has a charger, I am not sure if it is only for guests or not. However I have a house about 2 miles from the mountain with a 14-50 that you can use. PM me and we can discuss. As far as driving with all season I can't comment, as I bought snows before last winter and have no issues.

Are there any public chargers closer to Mt Snow? Does anyone know where I can charge in the Mt Snow Area? I think if I had a charge there I would be good to go. If I drive from paramus new superahrger to Albany I won't have a problem. It's only 137 miles. So the only concern is getting back to Albany from Mt Snow and the roads. Any experiences handling those snowy roads with all seasons?