Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brea, CA - Brea Mall (LIVE 28 Jun 2021, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Except there are only 11 pedestals - where are you seeing the other 9?
I'm not. But trying to count pedestals is a waste of time in this case as the pictures we have don't show the entire site clearly enough to determine the number of stalls that don't have their pedestals installed yet. So, instead of doing that, if you look at the very first picture posted in this thread (post #10), on the right there are for sure 4 V3 supercharger cabinets and I think a 5th. It's hard to be sure about the 5th one because only a little bit of the left edge of it is showing (the rest is out of frame). The standard ratio for V3 superchargers in the US is 4 stalls per cabinet, hence my base assumption for the 5 cabinets I think I make out is 20. There could also be additional V3 cabinets out of frame to the right or hidden behind the 4 obvious ones, so it's possible that the stall count will be even higher.

I'm not. But trying to count pedestals is a waste of time in this case as the pictures we have don't show the entire site clearly enough to determine the number of stalls that don't have their pedestals installed yet. So, instead of doing that, if you look at the very first picture posted in this thread (post #10), on the right there are for sure 4 V3 supercharger cabinets and I think a 5th. It's hard to be sure about the 5th one because only a little bit of the left edge of it is showing (the rest is out of frame). The standard ratio for V3 superchargers in the US is 4 stalls per cabinet, hence my base assumption for the 5 cabinets I think I make out is 20. There could also be additional V3 cabinets out of frame to the right or hidden behind the 4 obvious ones, so it's possible that the stall count will be even higher.

Drove by the location yesterday. There are definitely 5 supercharging cabinets.

I'm not. But trying to count pedestals is a waste of time in this case as the pictures we have don't show the entire site clearly enough to determine the number of stalls that don't have their pedestals installed yet.
I went by the site on Friday. I saw no other concrete poured for any more than the 11 already up. I would think the concrete would all be poured at the same time, but this is really the only one where I have seen the construction myself, so it could be possible there may be more.

Monday 5/31

Attachments

• 1C4E4683-E079-4410-9DBF-FAB769242106.jpeg
    1C4E4683-E079-4410-9DBF-FAB769242106.jpeg
    613.8 KB · Views: 176
I went by the site on Friday. I saw no other concrete poured for any more than the 11 already up. I would think the concrete would all be poured at the same time, but this is really the only one where I have seen the construction myself, so it could be possible there may be more.
From the photo, it looks like this site is using the pre-cast concrete pedestal bases that most installations in the past few years have used. No concrete pours involved, so no extra cement truck visit required. Though they do typically install the bases all at the same time, not sure why they are using a different order this time.

From the photo, it looks like this site is using the pre-cast concrete pedestal bases that most installations in the past few years have used. No concrete pours involved, so no extra cement truck visit required. Though they do typically install the bases all at the same time, not sure why they are using a different order this time.
It's not at all clear that they are doing things any differently this time. All the pictures we have are looking down the center of the parking lot, because there's a single line of chargers there. The "missing" stalls, if they exist, are going to be around the edges by the fence line. Without the charging posts set up on them, they are going to be hard to spot with all the construction material blocking sight lines.

Stopped by this evening. They’ve put up an additional 9, so we’re up to 20.

HOWEVER, there’s several small trenches that have been built, angled toward the chargers in the row of 11. As you can see in the first trench photo it looks like there might be runs towards the podiums. There’s room for one more row of chargers so we’ll see

0BDC31CE-76E2-41F9-8AD0-BBEA56DCCF29.jpeg
F85FD811-650E-4C82-B427-9EE5F346BA98.jpeg
5A486B36-0E16-4DDA-B96E-D8AAE83134FF.jpeg

C1F1BAFC-69E8-4E12-84A1-62EB72281DCF.jpeg

Looks done, fresh asphalt. I bet it’s within a week or two of being open.
I counted 11 stalls on the front row and 9 stalls on the back row, so a total of 20 stalls as expected from the 5 V3 cabinets.

However I wonder why the last two stalls seems to have a different layout, 2 feet away?
May be those would be made ADA accessible or reserved for CyberTrucks or larger EV Vans?

Note: There is still a (6 ft x 6 ft) concrete floor on the back. This could be the location for a transformer?
If so, don't expect to get it installed in less than three months or even longer...

c8185ce7-5dda-49a8-ae36-989123872ede-jpeg.672426

Last edited:
Reactions: mociaf9
However I wonder why the last two stalls seems to have a different layout, 2 feet away?
May be those would be made ADA accessible or reserved for CyberTrucks or larger EV Vans?

Note: There is still a (6 ft x 6 ft) concrete floor on the back. This could be the location for a transformer?
If so, don't expect to get it installed in less than three months or even longer...
Yes, those are for the accessible stalls which need to be a little bit longer than the standard stalls. And you're right that the empty pad is for the transformer, which still isn't on site. Hopefully it won't be as long of a wait as you fear, but one never knows.