Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brisbane 2 (Toombul), Qld

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Full release from the Centre FB page. My bolding.

/ Toombul Update /
Earlier today we provided an update to our valued retailers and team members.

Following careful consideration of a number of factors including the extent of damage, the risk of future flooding, and the importance of certainty for our partners, we have made the difficult decision not to reinstate the centre to how it was prior to the flooding damage.

We are now assessing the future of the site recognising the importance of continued provision of retail services for this local community.

No decision has been made on the future plan for the site, and at this time we do not have a timeline to resolve this, however, we will keep our partners and community informed.

While we appreciate this has been a very challenging time, this decision has not been taken lightly and has been made in the immediate and long-term best interests of our community and retail partners.

This event has been a challenging situation and we want to thank our community for your ongoing support and partnership over recent events and throughout the years.

The Driven has reported on the EV charging facet of this news (noting that, with the Tesla superchargers and Chargefox ultra-rapid chargers combined, it was Australia's largest (capacity-wise) fast charging site.

Leases terminated not a surprise.

I can't see any chance that the current tenants would have been able to insure their business again.

Question now is whether Mirvac will demolish the centre and rebuild it higher, with just carparks going under in a flood.
it will be levelled - mixed use commercial development anchored by mid rise high density apartments.

might be an unpopular opinion amongst Brisbane residents, but if the rumours are true that supercharger sites are being pushed back due to supply chain issues rather than site selection issues, I think the Toombul supercharging infrastructure should be split into two and one cabinet (3 charging stalls) installed asap in Childers and the other in Rockhampton.

might be an unpopular opinion amongst Brisbane residents, but if the rumours are true that supercharger sites are being pushed back due to supply chain issues rather than site selection issues, I think the Toombul supercharging infrastructure should be split into two and one cabinet (3 charging stalls) installed asap in Childers and the other in Rockhampton.
While I understand the plight of Tesla owners in Rocky, I understand Tesla have confirmed one opening in Q3 2022 already. The wait at our only super charger in Brisbane is upwards of an hour during busy times and it’s in an inner city small car park, with two chargers in a free section and two in a paid section so you can’t even park and wait to get the charger half the time.

Once a spot does become free, being level 2 your speed is almost always halved as someone is nearly always next to you so it’s the same speed as your existing electric highway chargers in Rocky.

They are really needed here as Australia’s third most populous city. I hope you guys get your chargers soon and the network rollout improves.