Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buellton, CA (temporary closure)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
E433DC4E-C74B-4FD7-B610-FEEC1C8D87E2.jpeg
4BDD26C5-8011-4265-A867-EAD8AD609642.jpeg
Buellton reduced service.

I’d love to see them get rid of that 2hr parking BS for non electric cars... They should be electric vehicle only spots! You don’t see Tesla parked blocking gas pumps...o_O

I arrived here last month in car map said 1 free stall and all the stalls were full with charging Tesla’s but one with a Mercedes suv parked in ito_Oo_O

No they just remodeled the existing stalls no new ones. They just changed the existing ones. The 2 on the end are now ADA and the last one was changed to front facing.
Okay thanks, apologies for my confusion. I’ve revised the thread title.

This is the first time I can recall seeing Tesla remodel a Supercharger location to be ADA compliant, though given the hundreds of Supercharger locations in the US it’s probably happened somewhere before.

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
We stayed at the hotel and charged there while down in that area this weekend. Super convenient. Did a bit of running around the Santa Maria/San Ynez area and hit it at different times. Never totally full and didn't have any issues and used different slots. Having been there before did notice the different setup for a few.

We went to a concert Saturday night at the Presqu'ille Winery in Santa Maria (fabulous property, a real jewel for the area BTW) and could have planned our stay in SM instead but if you're running around the area the closest place to Supercharge is further south in Buellton; otherwise SLO is next closest but north. Weighing the travel time, convenience and our plans decided it made more sense to get a hotel room next to the chargers. The Santa Maria area would be a nice location for a SC with it kind of midpoint between Pismo Beach and Buellton with much to do in between. But for now Buellton is the only real option if you'll be driving a lot. BTW Presqu'ille Winery and a few other locations have L2 chargers but when on vacation they aren't always convenient to depend on when you are limited on time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doug Martoccia
Heads up to anyone who plans on using this Supercharger right after a SpaceX launch from Vandenburg AFB: plan ahead and charge up in advance at Oxnard or San Luis Obispo so you won’t need to charge at Buelton! These posts were made in the thread about the launch yesterday evening. It was a nightmare.
Pro Tip; Don’t plan on charging in Buellton after a launch.

The line was ~60+ deep. I didn’t need a charge... just passed by.

View attachment 341853 View attachment 341854 View attachment 341855

It was a mess... there were cars blocked in trying to get out... dunno how that was gonna happen anytime soon. But this was a little more avoidable than Harris Ranch type bottlenecks before Kettleman city. People would have been fine if they had planned to have enough charge to make Oxnard. Heading West there’s 48 bays within range of Vandenberg.

Tesla should be more proactive too. No doubt some of these backups can’t be predicted....this shouldn’t have surprised anyone. An attendant collecting cell phone numbers and asking people to park would have likely alleviated a lot of stress and obviously prevented 60 cars from blocking in the hotel parking lot.

I was there...I almost stopped first, before the launch. But, I was coming from the north direction & would've been more miles to get to launch. I should have listened to my first thought to go charge first. It was a three-hour wait. Approx. 50 Teslas at busiest after launch. I have not seen anything like this ever at any charging station.

Stopped here on the way back from San Luis Obispo. Very convenient location since the Marriott has good facilities, a cozy lobby lounge with plenty of seating and TVs, a bar, and a Starbucks.

Will definitely make this a must stop whenever I’m on the 101. Beats out the SLO location