Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington VT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The NAV fully recognizes South Burlington now. However, it's worth repeating Todd's helpful directions to /from the Albany SpC, because from this photo it appears the car will send you on a suboptimal route.

Burl to alb.jpg

The distance from the South Burlington Supercharger to the Albany Supercharger is 145 miles (233km) WITHOUT using

the ferry or bridge. Here's how to do it from the Healthy Living Supercharger...

Leave Healthy Living and turn LEFT at the traffic light (Dorset Street)
Proceed south ~5 miles, past the golf course, straight through the 4-way stop with the blinking red light, and turn right at the next 4-way stop (Irish Hill Road).
Irish Hill Road west to the first traffic light and turn left (Route 7)
Route 7 south to Route 22A
Route 22A south to Route 4
Route 4 west to Route 149 (Fort Ann, NY)
Route 149 south to Route 9 (Queensbury, NY)
Route 9 south to I-87 south (entering I-87 at Exit 20)
Activate Tesla Navigation to guide you to the Albany Supercharger

Total Distance: 145 miles (233km)

I've done this drive in my Tesla many times. The first 75 miles are on secondary roads, but you can generally maintain ~55-60mph until you get on I-87 for the last leg. There's usually very little traffic.

When heading North, be certain to get off I-87 at Exit 20. And after Whitehall NY, be sure to get off Route 4 at the exit for Route 22A and turn left. DO NOT take Route 4 all the way to Rutland!

What store was that? and when is the best time to get Heddy there? I will have to do more exploring up there.

It's Healthy Living Market & Cafe—the location of the new South Burlington Supercharger. Heady Topper is only available there one day a week. I suggest calling the store to get the scoop... (802) 863-2569

- - - Updated - - -

There will be a dedication of the South Burlington Supercharger on Thursday, Dec 3 from 8am to 11am.

On Dec 4-5, Tesla will do a Test Drive Event at this Supercharger, from 10am to 5pm. Reservations are recommended...

Meet Model S at the Burlington Supercharger Station | Tesla Motors

We used this Supercharger yesterday and I will do everything in my power never to visit it again. Not only was every spot ICEd, but management has taped "You can park here!" signs over the Tesla Supercharger signs. They completely cover the "30 minute parking" text so of course ICE drivers have no reason to suspect otherwise and left their cars there for hours. We drove 40 miles out of our way to charge here. It would have been faster for us to just charge at 40A somewhere on Plugshare to get where we were going. Oy.

We used this Supercharger yesterday and I will do everything in my power never to visit it again. Not only was every spot ICEd, but management has taped "You can park here!" signs over the Tesla Supercharger signs. They completely cover the "30 minute parking" text so of course ICE drivers have no reason to suspect otherwise and left their cars there for hours. We drove 40 miles out of our way to charge here. It would have been faster for us to just charge at 40A somewhere on Plugshare to get where we were going. Oy.
Contact Tesla about this.

That is both horrific and, I can say with a little bit of knowledge, absolutely in violation of the contract TM will have with their landlord. Is there any chance in your mind, Robby, that a miscreant - not - the management, made those signs? I sent management a scathing, if not bloviating, message, letting them know even if they were not the ones to have done it then they still bear responsibility for the signs' existence.

Last edited:
we stopped there on Tuesday around 3pm. All spots were ICEd except 2 or 3. I was upset, but didn't mention anything as I did have a spot to charge. If all spots were blocked, I would have talked to a manager at Healthy Living (what a great store by the way!!)... But I have the feeling I would have have to wait until one ICEr was done with his grocery shopping.
Other than that (and missing the up-and-running announcement of Plantation, FL) our road trip from Montreal to Key West went very well thanks to the great SC network. Some are better located than others, but we can't really complain...
happy holidays season everyone!

It didn't take long for a management response:

...the 'you can park here' signs were placed by us (Healthy Living Management).

The idea is that 4 spots dedicated to Tesla drivers is what Tesla Corp has told us is what's needed right now, based on number of cars in the area, demand, etc.. The full 8 chargers were energized, but Tesla Corp did not forsee all 8 chargers being used until many years down the road.

We understand that some drivers simply ignore the signs and park wherever they want. This is the same at our Stage 2 chargers on the other side of the building. Some drivers simply think EV's are stupid and don't respect the reserved spots. We also have situations where our store is just super busy and all spots are taken. It's both a good problem to have and frustrating to EV Customers like yourself.

I am really sorry this happened to you. The last thing we want is for drivers like you to be bummed out or leave unhappy or in your case un-charged. Were you able to ultimately charge up?

Customers at our stores normally shop for about 15-20 minutes, so I'm sure one of those spots ultimately opened up, but again I'm really sorry this was a problem for you.

Happy to discuss it further with you if you'd like.

Eli

I'll leave it to you Yankees to decide how to proceed from there.

That reply would lead one to believe that only four signs have been changed to read "you can park here," but there have been reports that six or even all eight of them now say that.

Though it is probably true that most people don't spend more than 20 minutes in Healthy Living, apparently people park there and visit other shops as well.

That reply would lead one to believe that only four signs have been changed to read "you can park here," but there have been reports that six or even all eight of them now say that.

Though it is probably true that most people don't spend more than 20 minutes in Healthy Living, apparently people park there and visit other shops as well.

@ToddRLockwood, I think we need some local clarification and/or intervention to straighten things out. Thanks for all your help getting the ball rolling initially for this Supercharger, and in advance for sorting this out going forward.

A friend of mine charged there about a week ago, and I recall him saying all eight spots have the "You can park here" message. In one of his photos, you see the same four signs inviting people to ICE as in the image from the site's inauguration. Then in another photo a Suburban is ICEing a spot on the other side, with the "You can park here" note once again covering the usual Tesla wording. So, a minimum of 5/8 and almost certainly 8/8 spots are completely open to ICEing.

On November 24th, Healthy Living published an article on their site where they mentioned four spaces reserved for Teslas and four slots open to all vehicles for 30-minute general parking.

Tesla Supercharger is Now Open!

I wonder if they contracted for four "You can park heres," but through a misunderstanding eight went up.

Or, if they simply decided they were losing too many customers during the holiday season due to four spaces being theoretically off-limits to non-Teslas and decided on a temporary change.

Once again, it's puzzling that Tesla Motors apparently did not consider this enough of an issue when they were on location two weeks ago. Were only half the red Tesla signs modified at that time?

I wish I thought to check the other side. When I saw all spots were taken, and so many drivers for over an hour, I assumed the other side was covered, but I did not bother to verify.

I emailed [email protected] last night to relay my concerns and ask them to consider taking down the signs. I am nervous about planning a ski trip along that route. It was bad enough just us; I can't imagine how frustrating that situation would be with a line of Teslas all needing to charge on a busy weekend. Between waiting and charging, we were there for over an hour, and only two cars had moved during that time (the spot we took, and one other). It was around lunchtime, for whatever that's worth.