Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped there yesterday too (same time as onesixeight) he was on his way to B.C. in his P85+. I was able to remove the cord easily. There was a trick to it but I am having a senior moment and can't recall how I did it. The manager we spoke to was very supportive of Tesla. There will no doubt be a "charge of Teslas" there when it is announced that it is working. Me included.

So, how are they set-up? Does each white cabinet (charger) support two charging stations? Seem to recall reading about other installations, that to get the maximum charge rate, leap frog a station, if possible. If two adjacent stations are used, then one ramps up when the other starts to ramp down - is that the way it works?

So, how are they set-up? Does each white cabinet (charger) support two charging stations? Seem to recall reading about other installations, that to get the maximum charge rate, leap frog a station, if possible. If two adjacent stations are used, then one ramps up when the other starts to ramp down - is that the way it works?

Look thru my photos here the first green power box goes the the next green power transformer. NOTE Centralia has in there photo. We will get it soon, that second transformer converts from AC to DC then wired in to the tall Green Tesla box that has DC bus bars in photo you see them exposed, thats a three parts box each green box sections supports 2 white boxes, see the photo each white box supports two superchargers as photo again shows the input/output at bottom of each superchargers. you can look at all the photo prior to any boxes installed and all the piping stacks "count".

We are planning a trip to the Anacortes ferry from Hillsboro on the 2nd and were hoping for the Centrailia SC to be ready. Thanks to everyone for the information in both places. Looks like we will stopping in Bellevue for a two hour charge at the Tesla store (if they will loan us a roadster adapter). Has anyone else charged there?

We are planning a trip to the Anacortes ferry from Hillsboro on the 2nd and were hoping for the Centrailia SC to be ready. Thanks to everyone for the information in both places. Looks like we will stopping in Bellevue for a two hour charge at the Tesla store (if they will loan us a roadster adapter). Has anyone else charged there?

Yes, just last week. Best to call in advance, and if they do not answer, go up to the store when you get there. They are VERY busy now, with lots of test drives and some customer deliveries, so it can be hard to get in. Here was the scene when I was there last Tuesday (our car is the Sig Red on the right, plugged into the HPC, with our own adapter):
IMG_2936.JPG

The store will let you charge if there is availability, just make sure to call and check-in. They typically ask you to leave your keys since that area can get very busy and to make sure you don't block their test drive car. I was there on Friday, someone didn't check-in or leave their phone number and blocked me in. :(

Form what I understand, they don't have a Roadster adapter at the Bellevue store at the moment. But they do have two 240v 40A plugs way in the back, a HPWC 40A, and the Roadster charger - total of 4.

Look thru my photos here the first green power box goes the the next green power transformer. NOTE Centralia has in there photo. We will get it soon, that second transformer converts from AC to DC then wired in to the tall Green Tesla box that has DC bus bars in photo you see them exposed, thats a three parts box each green box sections supports 2 white boxes, see the photo each white box supports two superchargers as photo again shows the input/output at bottom of each superchargers. you can look at all the photo prior to any boxes installed and all the piping stacks "count".

No, the transformer is AC only, as is the primary switch gear. Also, the switch gear "sections" do not individually support the Superchargers either. The deployed switch gear does not support the equipment that way, specifically (a 1:X ratio).

On a side note, respectively for the enthusiastic individuals visiting this location or any other construction site, safety is of parmaount concern to those in construction. Please respect the workers and the construction "envelope" / area and not encroach while the site is still in construction (even if there are no workers on site). It would be unfortunate for something to occur which may result in property or personnel damage / injury which could potentially impact deployment.

On a side note, respectively for the enthusiastic individuals visiting this location or any other construction site, safety is of paramount concern to those in construction. Please respect the workers and the construction "envelope" / area and not encroach while the site is still in construction (even if there are no workers on site). It would be unfortunate for something to occur which may result in property or personnel damage / injury which could potentially impact deployment.

Norville, thanks for the great reminder. We can get absent-minded in our excitement and enthusiasm so that reminder is very helpful!

Well, are the white cabinets the actual chargers? Each supporting two pedestals, or charging stations? If two cars connect at the same time to two pedestals serviced by one white cabinet, do they each get have the rate of charge?

As I understand it, each actual supercharger is made up of a stack of 10 kW chargers (the same one as used in the Model S). So, again, are there actually eight superchargers, each connected to a pedestal? Or, as I believe, are there four actual superchargers servicing two pedestals each?

Well, are the white cabinets the actual chargers? Each supporting two pedestals, or charging stations? If two cars connect at the same time to two pedestals serviced by one white cabinet, do they each get have the rate of charge?

As I understand it, each actual supercharger is made up of a stack of 10 kW chargers (the same one as used in the Model S). So, again, are there actually eight superchargers, each connected to a pedestal? Or, as I believe, are there four actual superchargers servicing two pedestals each?

I do not know these answer just see how they hooked it up and told whats missing.. We will all see in near future...
I also like to agree and repeat Norville comment stay in a safe zone with all photo as everything I did was at a distance or with an ADK worker..

I stopped there yesterday too (same time as onesixeight) he was on his way to B.C. in his P85+. I was able to remove the cord easily. There was a trick to it but I am having a senior moment and can't recall how I did it. The manager we spoke to was very supportive of Tesla. There will no doubt be a "charge of Teslas" there when it is announced that it is working. Me included.

Nice meeting you on Saturday! If I recall correctly from trying the Supercharger in Barstow, you have to pull the "plug" towards you since you can't lift up. The plug sits in its holster pretty snug to protect the head of the connector.

Side note: I did not touch the connector or go past the orange barriers when taking my photos. :) And I agree with others, we should not try to charge prior to an official "ok" to start charging. The last thing we would want is the for the date to be pushed back even further.

From what I've read this is correct. The white cabinets are the actual chargers converting AC to DC and feeding 2 pedestals. It's been reported also that, yes, if 2 cars are plugged into adjacent connectors they share a charge for some time. This may have changed since I read this though as it's been a few weeks since I've read any supercharging reports.

I'd also be curious how they have the chargers connected such that they can monitor them from HQ. Probably as simple as a built in ethernet connection but I'm not a network engineer. I can barely keep my home wifi running most of the time! Hahaha! ;)

Shucks, based on Francis's report, looks like we are all losers. But it is coming and sure beats the J1772 at the outlet mall. Guess I won't get my burger and brew for a couple more weeks.

First Charge Guesstamates

6/27 - Onesixeight
6/28 - PhilBa
6/30 - Hobiemon
7/01 - hvb
7/02 - aayala
7/03 - ORWA
7/03 - Puyallup Bill
7/03 - Edgewood Dome
7/05 - Seattle
7/07 - Discoducky
7/08 - Saxena