Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cache Creek, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still not activated?
With all the wildfires going on I highly doubt Hydro have visited the area, but I can't confirm.

Cache Creek, Ashcroft and some surrounding area is on evacuation alert at the moment. Are you sure you want to go there?

Evacuation order issued for properties in and around Walhachin - Ashcroft Cache Creek Journal

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 6.56.15 AM.png

• Helpful
Reactions: XHabjab
Big news in Cache Creek!
There is moisture falling from the sky!
Even have puddles!
Haven’t seen this stuff since the beginning of June. Should help put these damn fires out.

oh, and no progress with the supercharger.

Attachments

• 437A64BC-90C4-4184-A02B-6F2A794207CA.jpeg
    437A64BC-90C4-4184-A02B-6F2A794207CA.jpeg
    406.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 83034A6C-E834-4CDC-8564-E5039F4892E8.jpeg
    83034A6C-E834-4CDC-8564-E5039F4892E8.jpeg
    549.9 KB · Views: 72
Hoping the Cache Creek station opens soon! Has anyone made the trip from Kamloops to William’s Lake directly, no stops, in a TM3 Standard range plus?

Cache Creek along with Quesnel and Williams Lake should open anytime between now and mid September. It takes BC Hydro 3 months to install a meter and activate, then a Tesla tech comes and flips the switch. But with the fires and evacuations, who knows how much that's impacted these dates.

Just drove through on the 8th, nothing from BC Hydro yet.

Also I saw in this thread someone asking about driving from Kamloops to Whistler thought I'd put in my 2 cents. When I got my 2020 SR+ last year I made the trip in October, can't remember the exact amount but it said something like 8% remaining. So temperature was pretty cold and had heat on also I always drive about 10km/h over the limit.

Almost a year later and now I have 30,000km and tried the same trip with much better weather. As soon as I left the house it said I had to stay under 90km/h to make it (heck with that). Maybe my battery is messed up as at 100% SOC it says I can only go 366km. Anyway, it was getting pretty close so pulled in at Pemberton with 14%, charged to 20% and arrived in Whistler with 5% remaining.

The Cache Creek SC will be super helpful. I've been holding off buying the Chademo adapter hoping for that CCS one, but might cave as there are just so many locations serviced by Chademo that aren't by Tesla. Not to mention how they are always free when some SC's have lineups.

This has taken longer than the Osoyoos SC install! Im going by tomorrow. It better be turned on!

Based on this post from the Western Canadian Supercharger thread I doubt it