Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Richmond, BC - Steveston Hwy.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Creating thread.

I first saw this article, and didn't post it without any real proof: Tesla Supercharger in Richmond under construction [British Columbia]

But, someone posted proof on Facebook confirming it. (note: I forgot where this screenshot came from)
1663966439454.png

This is awesome! I thought early rumours had the 2nd Richmond site somewhere in the Bridgeport area, but Ironwood is a great choice too, with a massive parking lot and lots of good amenities. From memory, you've got both Starbucks and Tims, McDonalds, Browns social house, at least one sushi place, Save-On Foods, London Drugs, Canadian Tire, and more.

The other great factor is it's a very short drive off the 99. Interestingly, both ends of the Massey tunnel will now be covered. You've got the South Surrey SC at the 32nd ave/152 st Southbound exit from the 99 at the southern end and minutes from the Peach Arch border crossing, which itself is not far from the Blaine/Birch Bay SC south of the border on the I5; and now at the first exit at the north end of the tunnel will be the Ironwood SC. That's great coverage along that corridor, and this is definitely going to take some strain off the always-swamped Richmond Centre urban SC.

Reactions: bolero
We can change this from a Permit location to Construction cone.

I drove by today and several guys were working on site. Looks like 8 stalls in the main parking lot and a few meters away next to Dania Down there are likely to be 4 or more stalls there. Two separate locations, they're not all together in one spot.

Attachments

• 2022-10-07 12.05.55.jpg
    2022-10-07 12.05.55.jpg
    831.7 KB · Views: 164
  • 2022-10-07 12.06.23.jpg
    2022-10-07 12.06.23.jpg
    778.2 KB · Views: 150
Paid a visit to these new Superchargers. They don't show up in the cars map yet, so I could not precondition. After 50 km's of driving on the highway, I arrived with 70% SOC and yet only got 32 kw speed. I was there for less than 10 mins, got maybe 80 km's added range only and paid $3.60. Scratching my head a little. On board it didn't show how much I was paying during the charging session either. Rather disappointing and seems like an error somewhere.

2022-12-07 12.10.44.jpg
2022-12-07 12.10.57.jpg